• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Soprani di Silvio - any info available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakkala

Reaction score
Hi there - picked up this 41/120 as a second box. Seems in good nick - bellows leak a little bit of air, one bass key (that I've found) is a little sticky and it needs new straps, but otherwise all couplers seem okay and nothing rattles!

I'm guessing needs a bit of a tune, but general tone is good and I'm very pleased with it. I'm very new to playing, so no experience other than my main Galotta, so who knows, I may be missing something major!

Just wondered if anyone knows much about the make and model?

I might be wrong but I believe it's made by Virgilio Soprani in Recanti and I'm guessing late 50s / 60s, but that's all guess work as I haven't found much info on them.

Any info on make / model history, quality etc would be of interest. I'll spend the money to get it in tip top shape eventually as I love it, but I'm happy as it is for now and would just like to learn more.20220504_192746.jpg20220504_192750.jpg20220504_192824.jpg

Reactions: Tom
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back