• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Valuation - Marinucci model 750

JonPriscilla

Reaction score
Hi! Have just joined the forum and have a question regarding a nice accordion I’ve been offered here in Spain.
The instrument is a Marinucci model 750, seemingly in excellent condition.
The vendor is asking around 1150 pounds which seemed to me a reasonable peice until I started searching on the internet (including in this group)and found similar models being sold significantly cheaper.
I understand that the condition of the instrument is probably the main factor and attach a few pics to show you what it looks like. It certainly plays well and I’d be getting a case or padded bag thrown in too. Can anyone suggest what a reasonable amount to pay would be as I need to decide reasonably quickly whether to go for it? Thanks!

Attachments

• 22E60DDD-AE72-4AB8-BC53-CEDCE9318D35.jpeg
    22E60DDD-AE72-4AB8-BC53-CEDCE9318D35.jpeg
    453.8 KB · Views: 8
  • B6C927C5-B8AB-4621-B25D-9AE45F314716.jpeg
    B6C927C5-B8AB-4621-B25D-9AE45F314716.jpeg
    625.2 KB · Views: 9
Hi Jon and welcome!🙂
To me, it looks like a 3 voiced, 37 treble, 80 bass button (can't see) lower level model (still quite nice) from the 1950s/60s.
BTW, two of the coupler switches are repeated, making it effectively only 5 not 7 switches. ( Some may differ but, to me, this is sheer puffery.)
I'd be suspicious of the discolouration on the bellows. (Is that wear or a stain?)
The fact is, as far as accordions are concerned, it's really a buyer's market even for top shelf items, which this isn't.
£1,150 seems a bit much to me for a pretty ordinary model.
Make it clear that you are seriously interested, but offer under half, bargain hard and be prepared to walk away at around half?🤔
No matter how good it looks on the outside, due to age alone, the inside is likely to reveal the need for some repairs!🙂

Last edited:
Thanks Dingo40. The seller is also a repairer so I think the instrument probably is in a good state. I’m holding fire for now though on the purchase and maybe renegotiate later.

Back