• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Visiting Castelfidardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtj

Reaction score
My wife and I are vacationing in Italy next year. We will be visiting San Marino so I thought it might be worth stopping in Castelfidardo. I'm happy with the accordion I have now (a Guilietti bassetti) but I'm thinking about adding something lighter and more of a musette (like an LMM). All that notwithstanding I'm interested in what people think about visiting Castelfidardo. Can I visit the manufacturers and try instruments out? My inclination would be to try and visit Victoria (just I've seen some people play then and thought they sounded really good) and Paolo Soprani (I played a 26/60 LMM once and it was so light and yet sounded really good). But maybe there are better places to visit.

Any suggestions?

My wife and I are vacationing in Italy next year. We will be visiting San Marino so I thought it might be worth stopping in Castelfidardo. I'm happy with the accordion I have now (a Guilietti bassetti) but I'm thinking about adding something lighter and more of a musette (like an LMM). All that notwithstanding I'm interested in what people think about visiting Castelfidardo. Can I visit the manufacturers and try instruments out? My inclination would be to try and visit Victoria (just I've seen some people play then and thought they sounded really good) and Paolo Soprani (I played a 26/60 LMM once and it was so light and yet sounded really good). But maybe there are better places to visit.

Any suggestions?
Paolo Soprani is no longer a standalone company, but part of the Pasco Italia consortium. I think they are still very good accordions (I have one) but if you favor the vintage Paolo Soprani accordions (I also have one of those!) you may, or may not, like the new ones; I happen to like both, but they are definitely not the same.

That trip is on my bucket list! I think that **maybe** 2023 is the year for me. If lucky I would even have my own personal translator with me (Ed, you still game??). :D :D

It's a pilgrimage, perhaps a rite of passage...
But a week practicing in your own garden is probably of greater value...
Glad I've seen ...but no need to return
Though on a plus it did open my partner's mind regarding my love affair with a bellows driven swansong ...

Reactions: mtj
I spent a week in Castelfidardo about 8 years ago and I'm very pleased I went.
Some of the bigger factories were not too receptive to visits but I was very well received by the owners of Giustozzi who were happy to build an accordion to my specs at a very reasonable price.
I'd like to go back again.

Any suggestions?
Nice holiday! If you want to extend your trip you can also visit Stradella. It's not so far from Castelfidardo

Any suggestions?
Hallo,

I'm quite new in this forum and I write from Italy, excuse me for my english. 🙃

Castelfidardo is very nice and there are many places to see. Don't forget to visit "Museo della fisarmonica" (Accordion Museum) where you can see the history of this instrument and the "Biggest Accordion in the world" (you can find it in the center of the city. Once it was in the Victoria shop, now in a near one. It's ok for a photo). :)

I have been there many times to see some instruments and for the PIF ( https://www.pifcastelfidardo.it/ ). Everywhere I found great kindness so I think you'll have no problems to visit the factories (I hope that COVID wil be definitely solved next year). I suggest you Victoria (really good sound, I had one few years ago) and Bugari (I have a free bass Bugari now and I am very satisfied). Pigini and Ballone Burini are good instruments, also, but there are many others and you can visit as many factories you want.

Have a good trip nex year! :)

Nice holiday! If you want to extend your trip you can also visit Stradella. It's not so far from Castelfidardo
In a time before Covid my family and I had various accordion related holidays that included visits to Castelfidardo, Stradella and Vercelli. We often took the train to Milan and that enabled access to both Stradella and Vercelli.

However, @Ric46, I heard recently that Marco Cagiada of ByMarco accordions, had passed away. Very sad news. Do you know if this company is still active in Stradella? They made some marvellous musette tuned accordions. With Dallape gone, I guess Beltrami and Stocco are the main names left in Stradella.​

Sound of ByMarco accordion:

Last edited:
In a time before Covid my family and I had various accordion related holidays that included visits to Castelfidardo, Stradella and Vercelli. We often took the train to Milan and that enabled access to both Stradella and Vercelli.

However, @Ric46, I heard recently that Marco Cagiada of ByMarco accordions, had passed away. Very sad news. Do you know if this company is still active in Stradella? They made some marvellous musette tuned accordions. With Dallape gone, I guess Beltrami and Stocco are the main names left in Stradella.​

Sound of ByMarco accordion:

Omg, I am so sad to hear this. Not only a tragedy for his family and friends but for the accordion world as a whole. And Sig. Cagiada only 60 years old. I have been a faithful Fisarmonicando watcher for many years. This is devastating 😥😘😥 I'll post an article in a separate thread.

Yes, it's sadly true. A tremendous loss for his family and the "accordion world". Actually, I don't know if his workshop is still open. I visited his shop a couple of times and I think he worked alone (no sons or partners) but maybe I am wrong. As you told Stocco and Beltrami are the main names left in Stradella. We hope in there will be the next generation...

Any suggestions?
Don't forget to add Scandalli in Castelfidardo to your visit list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back