• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Weltmeister consona key removal

cass

Reaction score
Greetings all.
I have a Weltmeister consona which has seen some hard use (not by me, yet). the instrument is basically playable with a few issues but will never be a showpiece. some of the keys need leveling. before I do any new damage to the instrument, thought I would ask some advice. The pallet lift mechanism is complicated and I don't know if the keys can be leveled in place. I have seen postings on-line that say some consonas have plastic tabs(?) that allow for the removal of individual keys. doesn't look like this has that setup. looks like the key axle can be gotten at from either side. not sure if two axles for white and black keys, maybe a split axle or simply to allow key removal from either end.
thanks for any help in advance.
cass

Attachments

• IMG_1220.jpg
    IMG_1220.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1221.jpg
    IMG_1221.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1223.jpg
    IMG_1223.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1224.jpg
    IMG_1224.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 9
the felt on the pads looks pretty good. there are just a couple of keys that are higher than they should be. all the pallet mechanisms appear to be aligned. as a matter of fact, at the pallet end of each of the levers, there is a hole. I have a long screwdriver that I can insert through all of them. think of ulysses shooting the arrow through the axeheads.

Back