• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

What’s your latest ear worm?

I always seem to have one or two rattling around at any given time. At the moment they’re a bit eclectic -
Donegal Mazurka
Bella Ciao

What’s yours?

A tune I wrote a couple of weeks ago. Our band rehearsed it last night and it's still rattling around in my head. Which is a good sign I suppose, but still annoying!

Whatever I play or heard last will usually ring in my head until it gets replaced with the next tune.

I’m having to learn “Receita de Samba” to play with a flutist. Something different for me, not my style, but after listening to it fifty times and almost having it down… it’s always playing in my head.

Melodie D'Amour Been driving me crazy for last two days. That Shoo Shoo Little Bird just won't go away. Probably have to get the sheet music for it and learn it. A couple hours of practicing it may chase it away....

It changed to "(Come On and) Celebrate" which I was practising for church on Sunday [1] ... just the first line of the chorus :rolleyes:

[1] mandolin or maybe bass guitar, sadly not accordion.

Last edited:
Chicken Dance since I have to play it tonight and I still haven’t memorized it…..
Played the Chicken pretty ok from memory, had to as it was dark on the driveway “dance floor” and I wanted to watch the dancers. I kept the groove going even if my notes were a little suspect 🤣. People were happy.

As per usual, a nice older lady in a dirndl came up and asked me if I knew of anyone who could restore or would want her dad’s accordion which has been stored by the boat for 50 years. Of course I do! Do you think it might be a Gola 409 with handmade reeds in the cassotto, or a beat up beater worth only the $60 for that little keyboard tool? Only the shadow knows, but I will entertain guesses here as I will go over to check it this afternoon. I hope I don’t need a clothespin for my nose. Wish me luck with your guess!🤣🙏🪗

Today the Ear Worm is the theme from my favourite Italian Film Cinema Paradiso ....it is available on DVD only buy the version with the editors cuts included ..........because it has a proper ending ..............you are not left up in the air wondering how it ended !!...and did he meet his long lost love !!

Back