• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Advice from an old method book.

I've played right after eating and ... nothing.

I've even swam right after eating, vigorously too, and ... nothing.

Playing accordion right after swimming? You could become afflicted with soggy bellows!

Hi!
I'm teaching myself to play, and I got some method books from my library. Some of it is solid information, and then I came across this. (I've played with in hour of eating and nothing happened but show tunes.) 20240601_192512.jpg
Would you care to share the name of this book?

Thats actually 20 minutes before all physical activities. Especially eating full and doing a physical activity can cause many gastro-intestinal problems. A heavy accordion can make a pressure to your belly which the inflated stomach is right there. It may cause even a heart attack to older individuals.

Thats actually 20 minutes before all physical activities. Especially eating full and doing a physical activity can cause many gastro-intestinal problems. A heavy accordion can make a pressure to your belly which the inflated stomach is right there. It may cause even a heart attack to older individuals.
Being 67 years old can cause many gastrointestinal problems.

Accordion playing is the least of them!

Being 67 years old can cause many gastrointestinal problems.

Accordion playing is the least of them!
A (German) uncle of mine gained a certain reputation when the word for "journey" escaped him and he just supplanted the German one, wishing departing relatives of my mother "Well, have a good Fahrt!". Personally I'd think that if your accordion excessively presses on your stomach when playing after dinner, maybe you should try sitting up.

Back