• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Advice .....

losthobos

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In our musical society,too much effort goes into mastering
The power is in the wonder, the not knowing
As the classical musician strives toward perfection they become isolated on an almost lost plane
To be social and simple brings connection and joy
Competition and perfection brings isolation and sadness
I’m noticing the human defined perception of music hard to dance with
Music feels and sounds much better beyond the human filter, the bio computer where the ego runs its programs
Sounds good in the heart and in the imagination
Music is always vibrating, as does sunlight, as does love x
I COPIED THIS FROM ELSEWHERE

Hmmmm, seems a little didactic. Not all classical musicians seek perfection, nor all traditionalists seek rusticality. Any music that fosters love and connection is ok in my book, even if I don’t like it. 😉

As the classical musician strives toward perfection they become isolated on an almost lost plane
I’m noticing the human defined perception of music hard to dance with
Music feels and sounds much better beyond the human filter, the bio computer where the ego runs its programs
Sounds good in the heart and in the imagination
Music is always vibrating, as does sunlight, as does love x
I COPIED THIS FROM ELSEWHERE
Excellent, I wonder if it could be made to work as the lyrics for Ode to Joy, Land of Hope and Glory, or similar!

Uh, "not my thing" is fine. If you have to compose odes of self-justification against people with focused goals and efforts, it starts reeking of sour grapes. I for one am glad that there are those who do go all the way in a direction that I am not going to follow.

Back