• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Anyone used proaudiomarket.com?

knobby

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The website has some good deals ( some look a bit too good), and they advertise accepting card payments. But when I placed an order they say their payment gateway is playing up and require payment by bank transfer.
Alarm bells ringing very loud, but I thought I’d ask if anyone here has used them just in case they’re legit.
www.proaudiomarket.com

The website has some good deals ( some look a bit too good), and they advertise accepting card payments. But when I placed an order they say their payment gateway is playing up and require payment by bank transfer.
Alarm bells ringing very loud, but I thought I’d ask if anyone here has used them just in case they’re legit.
www.proaudiomarket.com
I haven't, but I just did a Google search and this is what I got from Reddit:
evolutionaryNose569
7mo ago

● It's a scam and I unfortunately fell victim.
● I inquired about a product.
● The communication was more than professional.
● The response over email was prompt and in good english.
● They provided me with their company details, the company is registered, and their VAT number is fine.
● I was purchasing for the company and they were eager enough to provide me with a proper invoice with VAT excluded.
● That's where the problems started.
● I paid and the product did not arrive.
● Soon, I received an email that my wire transfer was rejected and returned back, in a batch of transfers coming from other clients. The money never got back to my account.

here is my rule

any retail online website that does not have it's physical location
information listed anywhere is rejected out of hand

period

at the very least you need to know where to send something BACK
just in case you get a DOA product.. you also need to know what
country the retailer is in so you can evaluate shipping costs realistically

i can understand not having such details front and center,
it is the Wild West... err, i mean it is the internet after all,
but there must be some clickable link that reveals the
legit info (so i can come and "visit" in person if all else fails..)

so always go to the bottom of the main page.. you will find links
if they are legit

Thanks guys 👍 - that’s what I thought.

I haven't, but I just did a Google search and this is what I got from Reddit:
evolutionaryNose569
7mo ago

● It's a scam and I unfortunately fell victim.
● I inquired about a product.
● The communication was more than professional.
● The response over email was prompt and in good english.
● They provided me with their company details, the company is registered, and their VAT number is fine.
● I was purchasing for the company and they were eager enough to provide me with a proper invoice with VAT excluded.
● That's where the problems started.
● I paid and the product did not arrive.
● Soon, I received an email that my wire transfer was rejected and returned back, in a batch of transfers coming from other clients. The money never got back to my account.
They do seem very professional in their responses. What started alarm bells ringing for me was the fact that they are supposedly based in Madrid, Spain but have the company registered with Companies House here in the UK.
They used the lame excuse that their payment gateway wasn’t working so I’d have to pay by bank transfer - not a chance!

Back