• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Buying a Pigini

Formad

Reaction score
Hey all, been playing a few months and not a fan of the sub-1000 euro Chinese made accordion I got to start with. I want to upgrade but also don't really want to get a mid range that lacks the features I'm looking for. I want a Pigini converter and was thinking of the prestige junior casotto (sometimes seem to be called junior plus as well).

I can't figure out how I might actually purchase one. I'm based in Ireland. Would I need to purchase directly from the factory? I have read some threads here that wait time for a new Pigini could be 2 years.

Any info appreciated.

If you want a brand new Pigini you need to buy from a distributor not factory. John Turner at Squeezebox marketplace is UK one. Or you can order from another if it's closer to you as you might be in the Republic.

If you are in eurozone Ireland you might prefer to transact in the eurozone--duties and things have gotten a bit sticky at the moment dealing with the UK. I see La Malle Aux Accordeons in Montpelier lists a Prestige Junior as currently in stock. Their site operates in English, hopefully this would apply with at least one person at the store. If you can, a trip would be the optimal way of doing it.

The one in the photo is a "B" system. Not sure which you are seeking, or whether they have both in stock.

Here is the page for "Converter Button" accordions at La Malle. There are 3 pages, with several items showing an "In Stock" note in green. Not sure if they have the Pigini Prestige in both C and B, but there are a few interesting items listed as in stock--

Smaller/less expensive than the Prestige Junior but still giving 2 or 3 treble voices and listed as In Stock are: The 2-voice Pigini Concertino I, the Ballone Burini Cantus 43/B, the Pigini Converter 37/B3, the Pigini Concertino II. All of these would be a huge step up from your Asian box.

This of course wouldn't be the only dealer in France who stocks these, and there are no doubt concerns in Scandi, the Netherlands and, of course, Italia.

I did get in contact with Pigini and can buy from them directly. I am looking for a converter accordion and they gave me 2 options for left hand. C or B/Russian. I assumed that B/Russian would be like the B system on the right hand (pitch going up from the top to the bottom of the accordion). However the diagram they sent me shows the opposite. Is this usual?

I did get in contact with Pigini and can buy from them directly. I am looking for a converter accordion and they gave me 2 options for left hand. C or B/Russian. I assumed that B/Russian would be like the B system on the right hand (pitch going up from the top to the bottom of the accordion). However the diagram they sent me shows the opposite. Is this usual?
"Russian" is what I'd like to call this the Bayan layout. B-system right hand button with the deepest sounds closest to the chin and a reversed system on the left hand, deepest notes at the bottom.

You should be able to get whatever ways you want if you are talking directly to Pigini, deepest at the bottom (Russian system) or at the top (standard B-system), whatever system you are either experienced with or want to grow with.

If you do C-system, I believe it would be the same on both sides, meaning deepest notes at the "top" or closest to the chin.

What system are you using now?

Back