• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Castiglione Button

The table under Technical Specifications confirms what I read elsewhere, that the non-rechargeable Lithium has the highest capacity. It may be the best choice for longest life inside an accordion.

That's been my experience for my guitars with built-in pre-amp - I use the 9v lithium batteries usually advertised for smoke alarms. My accordion takes two AA cells, and I've ordered lithium for that too.

I also have 2 Roland Street cubes, which run forever
on a handful of AA batterys, and have great sound and FX,
for the Solar Recharge power packs, as i said many are now
on the market tailored to Camping. These devices are basically
bricks of parallel LiPo cells with enough power/current/voltage to start your car
in an emergency.

A Roland Cube Street EX is on my wish list, I couldn't quite believe the specifications at what it manages on 8 x AA cells, but it gets good reviews and there is an option for a rechargeable lithium power pack. Meanwhile I just bought an old "Crate" busking amp, cheap and robust, but it uses a lead acid battery so it's heavy.

I have a "Jackery" brand powerbank, which (as you say) is aimed at camping. At 240Wh but only a couple of kilos it can run a 20W guitar amp all day.

One caution about 9-volt batteries. If stored or transported loose without protected terminals they can accidentally contact some conductive material (or worse, another battery) and could cause a fire. Those I buy come with protective plastic caps.

JKJ
That is indeed a good warning!. I have printed protective plastic caps for my own 9 volt batteries. Better safe than sorry!

Back