• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Enrico Roselli young person’s accordian

Sjprosser

Reaction score
IMG_1184.jpegI played this accordion when I was young, while my disabled dad was a captive audience. Now, in my senior years, I’ve wondered about its value, which I doubt is much. All my grandchildren are boys, so no interest in a pink accordion in my family.

well, Sj, it is a sweet and nicely appointed accordion..

if you always kept it in the temperate part of your home(s)
it may have sheltered enough to still be in playable and useful condition..
accordions in the Southwest this old are usually very dried out and
showing it on surface and straps.. and of course the leathers inside suffer too..

likely this one would be from the late 40's early 50's

if it truly is playable and you can place it in good hands for a couple hundred $
that should make you happy.. or take it back up as a new/old hobby yourself..

Welcome Sjprosser!🙂
What I like about these kind of vintage accordions is they're, generally, well made and robust and there's enough wood in their construction to avoid much condensation from the players breath on a cold day. 🙂
I think this particular decor was called "mother of pearl".🤔
Here's an earlier thread on something similar:🙂
Here's one in action!🙂
(They're asking $799.)

Another:

Last edited:
Looks more white than pink to me, but the vagaries of pictures and computers I guess. These are nice accordions, as Ventura mentioned. Maybe your grandchildren will develop an interest when older.

Looks more white than pink to me, but the vagaries of pictures and computers I guess. These are nice accordions, as Ventura mentioned. Maybe your grandchildren will develop an interest when older.
They’re all boys! Grown boys, at that.

Reactions: Tom
I have restored a lot of these. The quality is generally good but for some reason the leather valves seem to be generally in worse shape than I would expect, so in addition to the normal tuning these often need about 20% of the valves replaced.
The unique thing about them is that a lot of them (the one in the pic) have 39 keys as opposed to the typical 41. This makes for a compact instrument with keys that are not crazy narrow.

Back