• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Four voice musette tuning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Geoff, are those reeds just nailed in then? The other I found out that the Hohner (Jimmy) Shand Morino B/C/C# boxes that they play in Scotland used to have reeds tacked in, no wax. I cleaned, revalved, and rewaxed an 80 bass Paolo Soprani this summer - took a whole month, couple hours per evening. Fixing up accordions can be a colossal chore.

There's an awful lot of useful info at melodeon.net on stuff like this. Even a thread on mixte accordions, I chimed in a bit on that one, I love to listen to old records of Vacher and his associates. The B/C/C# is kind of a mixte accordion, note.

Yes Kevin,
the reeds are held in place with small nails and some of the bigger reeds have small screws to hold them. On this one the reeds are held against a leather gasket but some more modern instruments have a cork surface to bed the reeds against. Yes a time consuming job to replace all those valves.

The Mixte that our friend Claude Aubrie plays is G/C/B with a relatively limited Stradella... it is a 1928 Maugein Freres.

What an extraordinary instrument. I have never seen an instrument with four M reeds. The tuning is also strange @@.

I have Accordiola Jazzmaster with four M reeds. My Jazzmaster is five reed instrument L-M-M-M-M. I dont know exact tuning but two of M sets are 0 cents because one is in cassotto for clarinet and other one is without cassotto for musette. There is coupler for four reed musette, it gives quite nice and full sound.

One youtuber have also this kind of instrument

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back