• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

FR8 Bass side dynamics

cestjeffici

Reaction score
I have an FR4 and an FR8. The FR4 bass side has a very small dynamic range. From soft to not much louder. I've tried all the bellows curves and hear no change on the bass side. The bass on the FR8 on the other hand goes from very soft to hurt your ears.

Any thoughts?

I have an FR4 and an FR8. The FR4 bass side has a very small dynamic range. From soft to not much louder. I've tried all the bellows curves and hear no change on the bass side. The bass on the FR8 on the other hand goes from very soft to hurt your ears.

Any thoughts?
Not so much a thought as an observation, i.e thank goodness the 8x has both a volume and a balance control, sometimes the bass is a bit overwhelming while at other times needs a bit of a boost. I’m glad that I purchased Richard Noel’s UPG sets, at least I have loads of choices!

In the 4X reference manual (Page 57), there is a volume setting parameter (-40, 0, +40) for the left hand orchestral bass.
On page 60 of the manual, there is a volume setting parameter (-40, 0, +40) for the left hand orchestral chord.

Back