• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

France closes last Accordion Maker Shop

If I had six and a half grand to chuck I'd be considering keeping the toys I have and scheming for four months off work and devoting time to playing constantly....
Hope I live long enough to be the last man playing an accordion....

If I am reading correctly the more adult-friendly models are single-voice compact 3-row CBAs with either a couple octaves of free-bass or 50 or 60 single-voice-chord or 2-voice-chord standard basses, priced at around $3K to $4K US depending on the model. I love small, compact CBAs and PAs, but $3K and $4K for a petit-size one-voice?

This is why the Chinese are cleaning up.

Single-voice 4-row, 2 octaves of freebass, includes VAT:
Well, put it this way… at this moment, I’m having a free base Snooopi made up by Thierry, trading up from my Melody-only Snooopi. The single voice is actually the selling point for me. It’s a very clean, gorgeous jazz sound. And if I want to add octaves or de tuning, I’ll do that in the effect loop.
I’ll obviously keep the group informed when I get delivery next spring

Isn't Cavagnolo still a French maker?
This "news", may just be sloppy journalism. Maugein was indeed a major player in the market, however they are not the last. The writer obviously is unaware of the accordion manufacturers large and small. Several years ago I attempted to visit the Weltmeister factory in Germany and upon arrival was told that they were no longer operating and now they've resurrected and are perhaps stronger than they were. It's quite possible that they will settle outstanding financial liabilities and come back leaner but stronger.

Well, put it this way… at this moment, I’m having a free base Snooopi made up by Thierry, trading up from my Melody-only Snooopi.
Interesting.....tell me more ....how many rows and what kind of free bass....and if course price...
One set of super sweet reeds is ideal....and since they are a majority of the cost it seems silly to me to be buying a two or three voice box and adding unnecessary weight and cost...

Interesting.....tell me more ....how many rows and what kind of free bass....and if course price...
One set of super sweet reeds is ideal....and since they are a majority of the cost it seems silly to me to be buying a two or three voice box and adding unnecessary weight and cost...

BTW, did you see my FB PM to you?

One set of super sweet reeds is ideal....and since they are a majority of the cost it seems silly to me to be buying a two or three voice box and adding unnecessary

Model details and base costs are on their website, click on "Nos Accordeons," link below. Not counting the super-small children's models, the CBA's are small, compact single-voice 3-rows with either 40 single-note freebass or 60- standard basses with the chords made up of single voices or double voices. There's also a treble-only model with no basses.

In euros the prices range from about the high 2,000es to the low-4,000es. With options such as TAM reeds running around 200e extra per option.

There is also a line of bisonoric/diatonics.

At the front page, click on "Nos Accordeons," and from there you can click on individual models for specs, prices, options, etc.

Back