• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Hard to research Accordion

Hensvyk

Reaction score
Hello, I have recently bought myself a Bayan accordion that I am having a hard time with researching, I don't have any experience with any type of instrument or anything related to music like notes and all that, it also doesn't help that I bought a seemingly unique type of Bayan? It's a 3 row 58 Button on the treble side and 120 on the bass side, so most results that I get when trying to research this instruments I am unsure of since I don't know if the notes are the same or not.

What I think I've gotten right so far is that B System is the same as a Bayan accordion and that the image I've put in are the notes for the Accordion I will get.
I've also put in a link to the Ebay page for the accordion that I bought since it has more information and images to the Accordion itself.

notes2.gif

So then I was wondering if there are any tips for beginners, if any of the info I’ve learned is wrong and maybe if theres some website I can use to learn that is convenient for this type of accordion?

It just recently has been shipped out and should arrive between July 16th - August 6th
I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

Last edited:
when you get the bayan, you press each key while squeezing it
then write down on a big piece of paper with lots of circles drawn
on it the notes and pretty soon you will see what it probably is so you
can compare it to stuff you find online for a complete note chart

or you contact the seller and ask him if he has a clue to give you

anything you do or say before you get your hands on it is pure
speculation, since the seller did not give specifications about note
range or pitch in actual detail. Pictures suggest his description of the
"deep powerful bass" is an exaggeration, but it does look clean for
a 70 or 80 year old instrument..

As an ab initio B griff player (well sort of) here are a few observations made over a longish period of web searching:

The Bayan proper has the treble keyboard forward of the rear of the instrument, whereas others generally have the keyboard at chest level, with some differences in keyboard responses as a result: The Bayan often has reed blocks arranged differently to that more usually employed and some of the sounds exit between the keyboard and the player's body.
Bayan players use mostly only three fingers of the right hand, using the 'pinky' occasionally and position the thumb either behind the edge of the keyboard or along it rarely using the thumb on the keys. This allows the player's elbow to sit closer to the body with the fingers fully arched and their tips being the main contact with the buttons.
"Western" Chromatic button accordions mostly have the keyboard positioned similar to Piano accordions, some with stepped key rows and some without those steps. Each has minor advantages.
5 and/or 6 row keyboards duplicate the bayan's 3 rows offering a greater choice of fingering patterns which enable greater facility and flexibility but extra weight of the instrument itself.
One major disadvantage of the B griff is the scarcity of English language learning material; that said, once you hace found your way around the three fundamental fingering patterns, is is relatively simple to select fingering for each piece of music on an 'as required' basis which, as I understand it, is not possible to the same extent on piano type keyboards.

This might be a helpful for you:

He has quite a lot more on his site.

Back