• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Has anyone ever heard of a Luigi Soave accordian?

SClark

Reaction score
Its not a full size, more like a child's beginner size I think. The outside is pearlized & pretty! I have looked and looked on the internet and cannot find this brand. It does say made in Italy.

I’ve heard of a player by that name. Some players personalize their accordions by affixing a name to them. Perhaps you have come across an accordion that was once owned by him.

UPDATE: I just did a quick search and found that he taught music. So maybe you have a student accordion from his school.

Local find (Kitchener, Ontario) for a very low price! From the dates I found in the accompanying study books it would be the from early 70's. It's a "lady size" accordion with full keyboard and 120 bass, LM voices. It belonged to a woman who kept it very carefully, it's not a high price instrument but it's very well made and plays very nicely. Note that "soave" in Italian means "sweet", not sure if this one is a Luigi Soave.

Attachments

• 20240831_101406~2.jpg
    20240831_101406~2.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 7
Perhaps they were a line of Italian made accordions distributed via Luigi Soave's accordion school?🤫🙂
"Luigi came to Canada in December 1955 as an accomplished Classical Accordionist, soon after opening his music school – Continental Academy of Music. Luigi’s musical talents as teacher, mentor, and musician inspired the lives of many in Thunder Bay and Northwestern Ontario."
See more:

Last edited:
Perhaps they were a line of Italian made accordions distributed via Luigi Soave's accordion school?🤫🙂
"Luigi came to Canada in December 1955 as an accomplished Classical Accordionist, soon after opening his music school – Continental Academy of Music. Luigi’s musical talents as teacher, mentor, and musician inspired the lives of many in Thunder Bay and Northwestern Ontario."
See more:
Thunder Bay and Northwest Ontario ❤️❤️❤️. Probably not a whole heck of a lot of cordeenin’ going on up there but I would love to find out. Are you from that way SClark?

See more:
Indeed, in one of the music books that came with my accordion there is an address in Thunder Bay! The owner likely moved to Kitchener from Thunder Bay.

Last edited:
Indeed, in one of the music books that came with my accordion there is an address in Thunder Bay! The owner likely moved to Kitchener from Thunder Bay.
Hmm, haven’t been there either but it’s on my list!

Back