• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Hohner Jubilee 72 - Couldn't Resist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate74

Reaction score
Just got a Hohner Jubilee 72. In beautiful shape. The register switched were bent so they didnt engage the slides correctly, but that was an easy fix. One valve needed replacing as well, but other than that, its just a fantastic instrument.

I thought it would be basically a nicer version of the older Concerto III Ive been working with but its actually slightly smaller. About a 15 keyboard vs. the 16 keyboard on the Concerto. A little transition required each time I pick it up, but not bad. Other than that, seems identical. Cant find any info on them other than the fact that they were only built in 1987. Im assuming a special anniversary model?

Ill confess, the addition of this accordion takes me from being a hobbyist to being addicted.

Any info floating around on the Jubilee series?

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx97/natemorefield/s-l1600 1_zpsjtwv5kxo.jpg>LINK_TEXT>.png

Nate,

Your Hohner looks like a nice instrument, which I'm sure will give you hours of pleasure.

As for accordionists getting the girls, I will allow younger members to advise you on this matter. All I can usefully add is that my Wife will not let me see other women and, frankly, I'm far too old to be bothered.

Stephen Hawkins said:
As for accordionists getting the girls...

Well, I suppose we as older accordionists must bear the responsibility of telling the younger generations and share the secret.

It is a serious super power that is not meant to be abused, well at least not more than twice any given night that you are performing. With great power comes... great squeezing ability... lol

Use the power wisely, young padawan. :lol:

I cannot speak of the accordion much, all I will say is that it looks lovely and in great condition!

Memory can be cruel, Jerry. But, all that said, I have some real blinders.

I must now end my trip down memory lane, as such journeys serve only to remind me of those carefree, halcyon days of wild excess and debauchery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back