• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

How they coat your accordion in celluloid in about 2 minutes!🙂

Dingo40

Been here for ages!
Reaction score

This reminds me:
Prior to my gall bladder operation I watched a very slick video of a superstar surgeon whipping out a gall bladder in about 12 minutes with scarcely a drop of blood shed.🙂
He made it look like day surgery!😄
However, when it came to my own case, I was under the anaesthetic for two hours, in hospital for three days and went home seeping blood through the dressing, a folded towel and my shirt!🤔
Not as simple as it looks!😄

Last edited:
And as many posters - here and every where- agonize over the necessity of special hazmat suits to handle anything more potent than my linguine with clams in garlic butter* you've got to wonder about this gloveless sleeveless woman handling the chemically (traditionally acetone) soaked pliable sheets of celluloid (or some similar polymer these days) on a recurring daily basis.

True, acetone- commonly used by zillions as nailpolish remover- is IMHO pretty innocuous in occasional external use and as a solvent for shredded celluloid "paint"/ paste- not exactly methyl ethyl ketone (MEK)- but this woman is apt to literally be "up to her elbows" in it day after day. Minor skin abrasions et al might well make it relatively toxic in the long term for her.

Boy- in any case she really does have it down.

*Actually my daughter frequently employs a cloth face covering when I'm cooking the stuff up.... No appreciation for fine cuisine.

Back