• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

What's my accordion worth?

Not really a joke...
Good Lord....definitely not!

I am very, very bad at History. It has never interested me. Now my son, who is 20, lives for it. He just sent me this long article today about a Swedish Ship that sank 1400 yards from its launching point on its maiden voyage in the 1600s. The Vaga or something like that. It was a 20-page article and I read the first paragraph.

Not really a joke...
Indeed, not the best moment in Béziers history. BTW the expression "kill them all, God will know his own" is still quoted today in local tourist brochures. It was in fact never actually said by anyone at the time, but added to a history of the massacre by a German monk named Cécaire de Heistenbach 10 years later in 1220. We're a bit off topic here I think.

Indeed, not the best moment in Béziers history. BTW the expression "kill them all, God will know his own" is still quoted today in local tourist brochures. It was in fact never actually said by anyone at the time, but added to a history of the massacre by a German monk named Cécaire de Heistenbach 10 years later in 1220. We're a bit off topic here I think.
Fascinating.

Way back 40 years ago when I was in High School a kid came into class with a US Marines shirt that said "Kill them all. Let God sort them out."

You'd be sent home from school with that shirt in the US nowadays, but back then nobody cared. But I still remember it. Now I'm seeing 40 years later that it was borrowed from that quote 800 years ago.

Yes, I derailed this thread. Sorry to all for that!

Good Lord....definitely not!

I am very, very bad at History. It has never interested me. Now my son, who is 20, lives for it. He just sent me this long article today about a Swedish Ship that sank 1400 yards from its launching point on its maiden voyage in the 1600s. The Vaga or something like that. It was a 20-page article and I read the first paragraph.
It's caled the Vasa which means wheat in Swedish if I'm not mistaken. It's on display in Stockholm and well worth a visit if you're into history, which you are not apparently.

It's caled the Vasa which means wheat in Swedish if I'm not mistaken. It's on display in Stockholm and well worth a visit if you're into history, which you are not apparently.
Yep, that's the one and it is indeed in Sweden and my kid does want to visit it.

I'll go anywhere with my boy, which is why I've spent countless hours in every museum in the UK and Italy and every US Air Museum that exists. It's interesting to me, but not something I'm drawn to.

Kind of like the accordion is to other musicians. (See, I brought it full-circle back to the accordion.....) :)

and now that we are back to accordion..

asking again for the provenance on those 3 accordions so that we can
mark the passing of the original owner.. perhaps even let Paul know
one of his people is gone (it is kind of a club)

and now that we are back to accordion..

asking again for the provenance on those 3 accordions so that we can
mark the passing of the original owner.. perhaps even let Paul know
one of his people is gone (it is kind of a club)
The previous owner dies several years ago and his wife is currently in a retirement home in Florida. I have asked her if she wants me to give out any information about her husband. If she replies positively, I'll post his details.

Back