• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Identifying and Valuing an Inherited Accordion

Squeezy-E

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new here. I joined to help a friend who's dad passed away and left behind an accordion. She does not play and does not plan to begin so she wants to help her mom get a better idea of the market value and any other ideas for selling it. I have attached a couple photos to get the conversation started but will add more upon request. Thanks, in advance!
1000022231.jpg
1000022230.jpg
1000022232.jpg

Attachments

• 1000022232.jpg
    1000022232.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 8
Looks like a good quality starter model. 120 bass with 2 reed sets. Not much monetary value. I suggest not to sell if you have memories with it. I m not an expert but put a tag between 300-500 USD. Inside condition is very important. If its not used well, price can go down to zero.

The motto means. "Joy in work!"🙂
It may be from the late 1960s🤔
The grille looks as if it may have been built by Giulietti (under another name).🤫
It's in very nice cosmetic condition!
I'd say murathan is in the ballpark on price.
Much depends on working condition. 🙂

Last edited:
Wow, you folks have been incredibly helpful. My friend says she will try listing it locally where her mom lives in South Florida with the hopes of selling it to someone that will play it. She just wants to ensure it continues to make good music for the world as it did when her father played it.

though it has 5 shifts, it is a 2 voice, meaning 2 reedbanks
one low
one middle
(octave range)
bass lets you hear the low solo
clar lets you hear the midrange solo
master lets you hear them together
Very true, although there are 5 register switches, there are only two reed blocks. You may find a buyer with no knowledge of accordions who is attracted to the pristine exterior of the instrument who overpays, however someone who knows accordions will be unlikely to pay that price because it most likely needs tuning which will cost at least $300. You probably will be fortunate to get $300.
$400 or more is a very good price for this accordion after it being professionally tuned because it has a limited range.

Back