• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Info request on my late grandfathers accordian please

• Thread starter Thread starter kayeff70
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kayeff70

Hi all,
Ive joined here in the hope that some of you could give me any information about my grandfathers accordian? As far as I can see it was obviously bought from Alex Burns in Shaftsbury Avenue London, it has a number 102 on the back but other than that I dont know anything else about it and wondered if it may be of historical interest or value to someone. My parents are moving house and sizing down and came across it whilst having a clear out. They was going to give it to a charity shop when I said STOP! This looks interesting so Id love to know if any of you could advise us what to do with it as it needs a good home to go to. Ill try and post up some photos.
Many thanks

Kevin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 571
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 570
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 568
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 572
Hi This is a 1930's student standard 36 bass accordion likely needing work to make it playable. Value c£35 maybe, if you can find someone who wants to buy it.

That is a very generous estimate! Either keep it as an ornament for its sentimental value if you don't want to do tha tsee if a charity shop wants it.

george

Many thanks for the info, it's abit disappointing to hear but that's life. I think I'll keep it for sentimental reasons as its in immaculate condition and a bit of a time piece, history if you like if my great grandfather. It still sounds great!
All the best
Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back