• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Learning with a Digital Accordion

Hah yeah I practiced with them off for a few weeks but going forward I’ve got them on. Helps to have bellows curve set to 4 (xtra lite) and the bellows to the tightest imo, not sure how you have it set.
I think that with regard to the bellows, you cannot properly compare to what an acoustic accordion does. With an acoustic accordion, the sound rides on the breath of the accordion. With a Roland, the volume is adjusted according to the pressure on the bellows.

The result is not comparable, the tactile connection is not comparable. Still, I think it makes sense working with the bellows on a Roland. Whether or not you consider it a practice instrument or the final target, it adds one dimension to your play.

I think that with regard to the bellows, you cannot properly compare to what an acoustic accordion does. With an acoustic accordion, the sound rides on the breath of the accordion. With a Roland, the volume is adjusted according to the pressure on the bellows.

The result is not comparable, the tactile connection is not comparable. Still, I think it makes sense working with the bellows on a Roland. Whether or not you consider it a practice instrument or the final target, it adds one dimension to your play.
Thanks for the advice. I’ll take it as a different thing then and keep on with the lessons, adding the bellow regularly. Surely it’s feeling way more challenging to practice with the bellow on, so I won’t neglect it.

I’ve put my eyes on an acoustic accordion already. The market here is so small for CBAs that only every couple of months I find a new publication on the Marketplace.
I’ll travel next month and take a small detour to check the accordion (an old 120 buttons Maugein).
Meanwhile I’ll pave the way convincing my wife we “need” a new accordion … which might prove harder that actually finding the accordion
😅.

PD: @Ventura thanks for the tip. Indeed I'm struggling much less now following that advice. @Kheller I'm also using the bellow curve in 4, and the air valve fully closed.

Last edited:
Back