• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Never too old to learn?

• Thread starter Thread starter maugein96
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephen - someone once said "Youth is wasted on the young" (G B Shaw or Oscar Wilde I think).

The day I reckon I'm too old to learn anything new will be the day I leave this earth for good ! It's never too late for most things but sometimes you have to accept certain limitations, i.e. memory and dexterity ... and frustration !!!

Stephen Hawkins post_id=64175 time=1541759052 user_id=1440 said:
Hi Dingo,

You keep right on learning, as the alternative is not a very cheery thought.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

<EMOJI seq=1f604>?</EMOJI><EMOJI seq=1f44d>?</EMOJI>

Is there an age at which one gets too old to learn? No, as long as one is in a reasonably healthy mental and physical state, one can learn, however, one has to accept that the speed and retention levels of someone that is 60+ is not equal to someone that is 12. The younger one is, the faster things come and the longer they stay, but here we are talking about the accordion, and

if there is anything that I can say that would be positive, is that even if someone is 100 years old and the desire is there to learn, you WILL learn and if you like it... you WILL enjoy the entire process.

I highly encourage people of all ages 10 to 110... if you are able to safely hold and handle an accordion, and have the desire... do it, music will enrich your life in ways you won't ever believe! :)

Well, Anna Mary Robertson Moses (September 7, 1860 – December 13, 1961), known by her nickname Grandma Moses, was an American folk artist. She began painting in earnest at the age of 78 and is often cited as an example of an individual who successfully began a career in the arts at an advanced age. Her works have been shown and sold in the United States and abroad and have been marketed on greeting cards and other merchandise. Moses' paintings are displayed in the collections of many museums. Sugaring Off was sold for US $1.2 million in 2006.

On the other hand, you do know about the guy who said it couldn't be done....well... he couldn't do it.

Hi Sally,

I'm glad you said that, as I try my best to put a little zest into life. Of course, I cannot do all the things I once took for granted, and it would likely kill me if I tried, but I can still have fun.

Keep Young & Beautiful,

Stephen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back