• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Old Crucianelli was my Grandpas, need help on estimated value and more please :)

Grandpasgirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is an accordion that was my grandfather’s. He was born in the ninth 1920s and then passed down to my mother who was born in 47 (died 2020) and she played it once in a while and I know at some point she got the baffles replaced, but I guess what I’m needing to know is, is this worth trying to sell on eBay or marketplace? I don’t know a whole lot about these things. I see the button straps are missing that actually hold it together it sounds really nice when I hit the keys and stuff. I did some research on Google and eBay and here and from what I can tell I could get anywhere from $100-$1000 depending on the condition. The one thing I failed with the research was finding the exact same one as this with those numbers punched in on the end of it if anyone can offer any advice or help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. IMG_2229.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2232.jpeg
    IMG_2232.jpeg
    485.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2233.jpeg
    IMG_2233.jpeg
    624.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2234.jpeg
    IMG_2234.jpeg
    521.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2235.jpeg
    IMG_2235.jpeg
    567.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2236.jpeg
    IMG_2236.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2237.jpeg
    IMG_2237.jpeg
    606.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2238.jpeg
    IMG_2238.jpeg
    466.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2240.jpeg
    IMG_2240.jpeg
    502.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2242.jpeg
    IMG_2242.jpeg
    469.2 KB · Views: 13
Here are some additional pics

Attachments

• IMG_2224.jpeg
    IMG_2224.jpeg
    693.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2223.jpeg
    IMG_2223.jpeg
    614.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2222.jpeg
    IMG_2222.jpeg
    498.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2221.jpeg
    IMG_2221.jpeg
    585.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2220.jpeg
    IMG_2220.jpeg
    492.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2219.jpeg
    IMG_2219.jpeg
    545.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2218.jpeg
    IMG_2218.jpeg
    529.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2217.jpeg
    IMG_2217.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2216.jpeg
    IMG_2216.jpeg
    503.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2215.jpeg
    IMG_2215.jpeg
    561 KB · Views: 6
And more lol

Attachments

• IMG_2224.jpeg
    IMG_2224.jpeg
    693.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2225.jpeg
    IMG_2225.jpeg
    314.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2226.jpeg
    IMG_2226.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2227.jpeg
    IMG_2227.jpeg
    473.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2228.jpeg
    IMG_2228.jpeg
    456.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2221.jpeg
    IMG_2221.jpeg
    585.2 KB · Views: 9
Hi everyone, this is an accordion that was my grandfather’s. He was born in the ninth 1920s and then passed down to my mother who was born in 47 (died 2020) and she played it once in a while and I know at some point she got the baffles replaced, but I guess what I’m needing to know is, is this worth trying to sell on eBay or marketplace? I don’t know a whole lot about these things. I see the button straps are missing that actually hold it together it sounds really nice when I hit the keys and stuff. I did some research on Google and eBay and here and from what I can tell I could get anywhere from $100-$1000 depending on the condition. The one thing I failed with the research was finding the exact same one as this with those numbers punched in on the end of it if anyone can offer any advice or help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. IMG_2229.jpeg
Also forgot to mention I’m looking for exactly what do I have here?

I'm sure it has a lot of sentimental value but as is it's probably in the "list for 150 Buy It Now 225 range".

Unfortunately its a full sized two reed right hand instrument and has no shifts to change the reed engagement on the bass side- might be either 4 or five reeds in the bass. Lightweight compact two reed instruments can be desirable but when it's almost full sized with just two you're up against a lot more options for buyers/players. Realizing you may not play it yourself, most two reed instruments would have three shifts for the right hand (Low reed, low middle, middle) and generally at least one switch for the bass side (boomy or thin; not the preferred naming system but sums it up for many student models in its class), actually yours may be well balanced in its one set up!

The simplicity may be a virtue to some.

On the serious flaws side there's the missing ridged corner panels that would wrap over the holes on the bass side- cosmetically pretty bad and might well have an effect on the bass sound. The bellows look mostly OK with some wear on a couple of the folds at the end- but nothing outrageous. Does it hold air or deflate when you squeeze it even with nothing pressed down? The absence of bellows straps to hold it closed would deter many. And of course, sounds "really nice" without detail on the condition of the reeds and leathers inside the instrument is asking someone to buy a pig in a poke.

I have a house full of older accordions and I'm more of an "optomist" than most but even I'd steer clear of yours for anything over two hundred and even then I'd be ... well I just wouldn't spring for it at all personally.

That's not to say that someone out there won't be taken by it- a reconizable brand name, missing parts aside you assert that it sounds "really nice". If you do sell it and have to ship it, by the time you pack it up properly and give it to the shipper the cost is liable to approach the value- and if some meanspirited buyer decides that it doen's meet their expectation -"I didn't realize..." - you'll be embroiled in a mess.

I surely wish you well. As a minimum consider springing for and installing bellows straps to hold it closed and try to sell it locally to someone who can see it in person first. Best wishes- Henry

I'm sure it has a lot of sentimental value but as is it's probably in the "list for 150 Buy It Now 225 range".

Unfortunately its a full sized two reed right hand instrument and has no shifts to change the reed engagement on the bass side- might be either 4 or five reeds in the bass. Lightweight compact two reed instruments can be desirable but when it's almost full sized with just two you're up against a lot more options for buyers/players. Realizing you may not play it yourself, most two reed instruments would have three shifts for the right hand (Low reed, low middle, middle) and generally at least one switch for the bass side (boomy or thin; not the preferred naming system but sums it up for many student models in its class), actually yours may be well balanced in its one set up!

The simplicity may be a virtue to some.

On the serious flaws side there's the missing ridged corner panels that would wrap over the holes on the bass side- cosmetically pretty bad and might well have an effect on the bass sound. The bellows look mostly OK with some wear on a couple of the folds at the end- but nothing outrageous. Does it hold air or deflate when you squeeze it even with nothing pressed down? The absence of bellows straps to hold it closed would deter many. And of course, sounds "really nice" without detail on the condition of the reeds and leathers inside the instrument is asking someone to buy a pig in a poke.

I have a house full of older accordions and I'm more of an "optomist" than most but even I'd steer clear of yours for anything over two hundred and even then I'd be ... well I just wouldn't spring for it at all personally.

That's not to say that someone out there won't be taken by it- a reconizable brand name, missing parts aside you assert that it sounds "really nice". If you do sell it and have to ship it, by the time you pack it up properly and give it to the shipper the cost is liable to approach the value- and if some meanspirited buyer decides that it doen's meet their expectation -"I didn't realize..." - you'll be embroiled in a mess.

I surely wish you well. As a minimum consider springing for and installing bellows straps to hold it closed and try to sell it locally to someone who can see it in person first. Best wishes- Henry
Thank you so very very much for your reply. I sincerely appreciate the time that you took to right back to me. I will take all of this into consideration and may just consider donating it for fun to my local high school here or selling it as is thanks again have a wonderful day.

Back