• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Removal of Cover on Brandoni Super Musette Model 68

wirralaccordion

Reaction score
The connector to my internal mike has come loose. I assume that a threaded washer gripping it to my grill cover is somewhere inside. How does the cover come off so that the washer ( I can't be sure that this is what clamps the connector as nothing rattles inside ) can be recovered and the connector be refitted? I can upload further photos if it would help.

Attachments

• DSC00580.JPG
    DSC00580.JPG
    280.5 KB · Views: 12
I don't think yours had a washer... you can clearly see the nut that screws to your connector in the pic.
Different accordions have different ways of removing the cover, most have screws holding it in place on the sides. Some wider pics of the top/bottom of the accordion and the register side please?

How does the cover come off
The options are: slot screws , thumb screws and spring loaded plungers.🙂
We need to have a wider view/s of the treble box to see which,🙂
For example regarding the model (below) the silver knob you can see protruding from the grill/cover (picture 7) is spring loaded (and there's another one at the other end).
Push both knobs simultaneously into the cover with your index fingers against their springs and gently ease the cover off the accordion. (Reverse the procedure to replace)

Last edited:
Thanks to you gents above I have now fitted the connector back onto the cover. Yes it was the connecting nut JerryPH with an internal thread and yes Dingo40 it was a pair of knurled thumb screws. Thanks again to you both.:):)

Back