• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Repair UK preferably nr Manchester

Tongle

They said it was easy! They lied!
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I have an 80 bass 2 voice Hering which needs tuning.
Does anyone know of somewhere where I can get this done in the UK? I'm near Manchester and have already approached Hobgoblin who couldn't help.
Many thanks.

Thanks. In touch with Roy so hopefully can get some help there but not heard of the Reed Lounge.

Gordon Patullo from Coupar Angus is first rate in my experience. Lots of examples of his handiwork can be heard on his Facebook page. I recently had him do some repairs and tuning and couldn’t be more pleased. Box was well wrapped and posted to him via Royal Mail for about £13. The Post Office do a collection service from your home address if required.

Hi folks,
I have an 80 bass 2 voice Hering which needs tuning.
Does anyone know of somewhere where I can get this done in the UK? I'm near Manchester and have already approached Hobgoblin who couldn't help.
Many thanks.
The Reed Lounge is Murray Grainger. He is in Retford, south of Leeds. He installed a Harmonik system in my accordion. Very pleasant and correct communication and tidy installation. Not sure if he does tuning too though. You might give it a try.
*edited for typo in name*

Last edited:
On a slightly different tack, I am looking for a repairer to service my Elka CBA, somewhere in the Essex/Greater london area as I would prefer to deliver personally and not chance posting.

On a slightly different tack, I am looking for a repairer to service my Elka CBA, somewhere in the Essex/Greater london area as I would prefer to deliver personally and not chance posting.
Try Allodi Accordions Ltd. ,
143 _145 Lee high road Lewisham London SE13 5OF
Tel 0208244 3771
WWW..accordions.co.uk
They are a long established company

Good luck

Just for more up-to-date info on this 2024
I used Roy Whiteley (Accordion Magic) excellent service. I drove down to his workshop, out in the sticks in Cheshire. He even took some time to explain the repair and a bit of general accordion chat very informative.
I also recently purchased an accordion from Emilio Allodi again great service and an informative conversation. However he did tell me he is winding up his businesses at the end of this year, but will be honouring all repair work; He will do local work himself at home but was contacting other repairs shops in the UK to do remote work. I informed Roy Whiteley (Accordion magic) and they are in contact now.

Just for more up-to-date info on this 2024
I used Roy Whiteley (Accordion Magic) excellent service. I drove down to his workshop, out in the sticks in Cheshire. He even took some time to explain the repair and a bit of general accordion chat very informative.
I also recently purchased an accordion from Emilio Allodi again great service and an informative conversation. However he did tell me he is winding up his businesses at the end of this year, but will be honouring all repair work; He will do local work himself at home but was contacting other repairs shops in the UK to do remote work. I informed Roy Whiteley (Accordion magic) and they are in contact now.
Thanks for the update most appreciated

Back