• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Silver contact springs, and midi contacting.

bruce1530

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a supplier for the silver-plated contact springs used in midi retrofits? I need to do a small repair.

At one time you could get these from Maplin, but that was last century :)

Hi Bruce, I can recover some silver-plated contact springs from parts removed from old accordions and make them available if that will help you out.

Unless the spring is broken or bent I usually find that by giving the spring a twist then a new contact surface is presented to the common bar. Avoids replacing the spring.

Regards, Lino

Unless the spring is broken or bent I usually find that by giving the spring a twist then a new contact surface is presented to the common bar. Avoids replacing the spring.

Regards, Lino
[/QUOTE]

hey Lino

how you doin ?

glad you made it over to join us..

ciao

Ciao,

I'm doing well with all the accordion conversions and repairs plus new designs, as well as assembling MidiAdd adaptors.
How you doing?

I have a multitude of springs left over from converting Transicord accordions to fully MIDI output. Reduces the weight of the accordion from 13.5kg to around 7 kgs by removing all the electronics. There's about 250 springs that are left in accordion and that I will not be using or needing.

Here's instructions I put together regarding cleaning the spring contacts for MidiAdd customers who had intermittent note sounds.

Cheers from Down-Under

Attachments

Back