• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

SILVER MOON

Very expressive performance, I love it. That waltz certainly utilises the whole range of the treble keyboard. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much for your kind words. Regarding the range of the keyboard - there’s an interesting story behind that. As I understand, most, if not all of Frosini’s music was recorded first and then published later. In this case there was about a five year gap between the two. There are always differences in the two versions, and I try to incorporate the “best” of both. For some reason the music was published with the trio section in the key of C major instead of the original key of F major. When I originally recorded it (on my second album) I used the printed version, as I didn’t realize that. This time I transposed it back to the original version. I had to change a lot of the fingering. That’s why I was using the tippy top end of the keyboard! I know it’s a sore topic on this forum, but that’s definitely not an advantage of using the piano keyboard.

Back