• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Sour Note Polka

Congrats George! Sounds like a Yankovic…. I didn’t notice the sour note. 😉

Congrats George! Sounds like a Yankovic…. I didn’t notice the sour note. 😉
At the beginning of the song going from C-E to B-Eflat sounded strange to me...maybe because the Eflat isn't in the C major scale?

Hmm, no, I don’t notice it. Sounds pretty good.

Hmm, no, I don’t notice it. Sounds pretty good.
What you have is a C major third and a B major third, it sounded unique to me compared to the rest of the song. Maybe sour is the wrong way to describe it.
It's just a G augmented chord, that's all!
So I guess that's where I got the "Sour Note" title from
"An augmented chord has intervals of major thirds, but it also has an augmented fifth, which is pretty dissonant. The fact that a perfect fifth is the most consonant interval (after the octave) makes the augmented fifth sound very dissonant."

What you have is a C major third and a B major third, it sounded unique to me compared to the rest of the song. Maybe sour is the wrong way to describe it.

So I guess that's where I got the "Sour Note" title from
"An augmented chord has intervals of major thirds, but it also has an augmented fifth, which is pretty dissonant. The fact that a perfect fifth is the most consonant interval (after the octave) makes the augmented fifth sound very dissonant."
And the word "polka" was never in doubt George! Great work.

Thanks, I have the music in my head, but didn't make any sheet music. I have a program that can turn audio into sheet music. I'll give it a try. Many times it isn't too accurate if more than one instrument. I'll give it a try and will share it if it's accurate.

My wife and I enjoyed hearing that while eating lunch just now.

Back