• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Tarantella Mix

jdam01

Reaction score

I was suggested to upload a video of me playing by Alans. He's a really great guy to talk with.
I know I made some mistakes but I would like a review on my fingering. I find sometimes my fingers can be weak and or I can be really inconsistent. Please give constructive feedback :)

I was suggested to upload a video of me playing by Alans. He's a really great guy to talk with.
I know I made some mistakes but I would like a review on my fingering. I find sometimes my fingers can be weak and or I can be really inconsistent. Please give constructive feedback :)

Hi Jdam,

Nice video, thanks! Yeah, Alan is cool.

Ok, a couple points, hopefully constructive and meant in a positive light.

1. By fingering, if you mean which fingers you use per note, I believe this is personal choice and recommend you use what is comfortable for you. Mistakes happen, some people call them jazz and most people don’t even recognize them. What is more important (imho) is:

2. Volume. You might want to consider whether you can improve your song with some changes in volume. To me it seems consistent throughout, varying the volume within phrases, and in sections of the song itself might be worth trying.

3. Articulation. It is instructive sometimes to consider how the individual notes are produced, a difficult to talk about aspect. Are the notes meant to be separate or run together? Articulated as phrases or not. Check that your notes don’t become “muddy” by neglecting articulation.

Keep up the good work and good luck!

About fingering on the PA. I have often read here on the forum "choose the fingering that is most comfortable for you." Granted that I have never played PA I remember that as a child (when I was 10 years old so 40 years ago) I had taken piano lessons for a time. I don't know if it is me misremembering, if the talk applies to piano and not to accordion, or if over these years the methods have changed but never did they tell me to choose the fingering, on the contrary. If in that piece that note had to be played with that finger that maybe was the "weak" one you had to reinforce it so that it was less weak. the last sentence is a little convoluted but I hope you can see what I mean

Back