• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Tarantella Napoletana on Accordion | Energetic Italian Folk Music

breezybellows

Reaction score
Join me as I play the lively and traditional 'Tarantella Napoletana' on my accordion. This classic piece of Italian folk music is full of energy and charm. I hope you enjoy my rendition! Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe for more accordion music.

Complimenti! I play a very similar version but find it doesn’t go over that well at the farmers market so I don’t play it there.

Complimenti! I play a very similar version but find it doesn’t go over that well at the farmers market so I don’t play it there.
How do you measure that? I used to maintain a spreadsheet of every time I played a song. La valse d'Amelie was at the top. After a while I have up and started playing whatever I liked.

I learned this from the Zordan method book.

How do you measure that? I used to maintain a spreadsheet of every time I played a song. La valse d'Amelie was at the top. After a while I have up and started playing whatever I liked.

I learned this from the Zordan method book.
Audience response I guess. I suppose each audience is different. This tarantella has a rhythm which is “unusual” for people raised on polka and Americana. Easier to get by with unknown Italian songs in 4/4 or 3/4. Finiculi seems more known. I made my arrangement based on several different sources including the “101 Accordion Favorites.” I try for a balance between what works best and what I want to play. Good luck!

Back