• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Tarantella Napoletana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piotr

Reaction score
Small return from sunny holidays :)

<YOUTUBE id=XMZ84Yw3JI8 url=></YOUTUBE>

Very well done! Love that tune, even though I'm still not entirely sold on digital sound.

An another song from Italy - Funiculi, Funicula:

<YOUTUBE id=8Rn5UeqWBqc url=></YOUTUBE>

Nice, nice, nice. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very well played, and (apart from having too much reverb for my taste) it sounds quite natural like an accordion.
But I have a question about the stereo: why do you put the keyboard side on the right channel and the bass on the left? That is the way it sounds to the player, but not to the audience. In the video we see the keyboard on our left and the bass on our right but the sound is opposite to what we see. Is this how the channels are labeled on the Roland (I don't have one so I don't know)? In any case I would suggest reversing them so sound and image match.

Thank you :D
Roland have 2 outputs L and R. Probably I made mistake with wires. Thanks for the tips :tup:

Good spot Paul. I don’t normally listen to YouTube on headphones but now I have the sides are indeed swapped. Probably cables swapped. By the way Piotr, if you record directly to the usb you won’t have this problem. In any case the stereo placement can be set up in one of the menus I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The fact that the Roland can separate the left and right hands is actually an advantage, but this can be adjusted in two manners, both in the accordion settings or if you are using a mixer, via the PAN controls. When recording, I really want the left and right hands COMPLETELY "left and right", but unfortunately, that is the one thing that my 8X does not do, there is always a little in each side no matter what the settings, unless I record them separately (two times).

In terms of what is correct... there is no right or wrong, there is only performer preference, We can set it up to sound "traditional" or we can give it a greater separation, something that no acoustic can do as well, not even with two separate external microphones.

In my own recordings there are times I want the sounds to be completely separated on my stereo stage and times I want it to be placed closer together or even sound like it is coming from the center (mono or the sound coming out equally from both speakers). The best thing about all of this is... we have a choice! :)

Very well played. Keep up the good work! :tup: :tup: :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back