• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Working out base registers

Johnno

Reaction score
IMG_6323.png
Hi fellow accordionists,

I need to order some reeds to replace some that are broken. I know which blocks they are from and the note and octave but not the name of the registers they are from. I typed up a grid with the holes that open when each register is pressed. Reed A is at the back, in the photo for example Flauto is pressed. Can anyone identify the names of the reeds blocks, A,B,C and D?

Attachments

• IMG_6322.jpeg
    IMG_6322.jpeg
    269.3 KB · Views: 7
To order reeds all you should need to know is which note it is and what size the reed plate is. (The same note comes on reed plates of different size.) But it may differ between places you order reeds from...

Thanks Debra, I didn’t think it mattered as long as I know the physical size, note and octave but I have had the question asked before as to which register it is. Just for interest can you tell from the info supplied if it’s LMM or LMMH etc?

Back