• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

2025 Market Goals

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, time to start thinking about the 2025 farmers market where I will play about ten 3 - 4 hour solo sessions. Starting May, 2025.

In 2024 I met my goal of 3 hours, no repeats, with feedback, encouragement and help from you, the wonderful forum accordionists.

I seek your interest again, but understand where you are all coming from. If this offends you, I am sorry, and there is an “ignore” button somewhere.

Here we go……

Ok, my main goal for 2025 comes under……

Repertoire….

*** Ditch the Book! ***

Can I play 3 hours “by heart” (playing from memory, by ear, by muscle memory, by improvising, etc.)? Ie. Playing without sheet music.

Task: Go through book and get rid of all tunes I don’t want to play in 2025. See where that leaves me. I would ideally have around 40 songs.

Way to go Tom -- You're proactive.

I only see Goal #1 here that you posted in the "2024 Goals". What happened to your other three "2025 Goals ":
2. Professional upgrade which I never got around to for 2024. Business card/flyer, YouTube site, poster, Mic and speaker.
3. A jazz set, even 5 tunes so I can be “Jazz, Polkas and More!”
4. More original music. Maybe shoot for 3 - 5 new original songs. (I play 1 now)

As I said in my previous post, I won't touch goals 1 & 2 -- too ambitious for me.
My focus for 2025 will be:
3-- "Jazz, Polkas, and More"
4 -- More new original songs that are familiar to the audience. I try to get the best Roland 8X sounds that I can "Fit" to the song.

John

ambitious!
I will stand up and applaud if you manage 40 by heart
Let’s see how many I have already. I could organize by type. Say, 8 groups of 5. Jazz, Polka, Italian, Americana, Originals, Accordionistic, French, Old Time.

Way to go Tom -- You're proactive.

I only see Goal #1 here that you posted in the "2024 Goals". What happened to your other three "2025 Goals ":
2. Professional upgrade which I never got around to for 2024. Business card/flyer, YouTube site, poster, Mic and speaker.
3. A jazz set, even 5 tunes so I can be “Jazz, Polkas and More!”
4. More original music. Maybe shoot for 3 - 5 new original songs. (I play 1 now)

As I said in my previous post, I won't touch goals 1 & 2 -- too ambitious for me.
My focus for 2025 will be:
3-- "Jazz, Polkas, and More"
4 -- More new original songs that are familiar to the audience. I try to get the best Roland 8X sounds that I can "Fit" to the song.

John
Well, most of these will be covered in Repertoire, see the groupings above. I do need the upgrade too, though, you’re right. I’m glad you’re oooking at new tunes for your fr8!

Back