• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

accordion case

Wheezer

Reaction score
has anybody used something like this for an accordion case? It seems like it would be a lot more rugged than most of the modern hard cases, and you can trim the foam that comes with it so that it wouldn’t rattle around inside the case.

I’ve used a similar pelican case and it’s allowed me to keep an accordion on my boat through the summer with no issues. To maximize protection you’ll have to size the case by interior to have foam on every side and it makes a bulky case. I have used monoprice gear in the past and I think some of their products are better than others. Generally unless I think I need the protection I generally use a more conventional case as the added bulk of this design can make it pretty unwieldy for general use.

I use several Pelican cases and there is another issue related to size - the price seems to go up exponentially with the size! I once found a medium-sized one at a yard sale for a steal but that's rare.
There are other brands that try to copy the Pelican and are cheaper, one I got seemed OK. (We bought some for camera and video equipment.) The one Wheezer showed doesn't look bad (if the size is right)

JKJ

One note of caution. While it certainly is possible for a manufacture to duplicate the quality of the Pelican case and I’m sure some available ones are just as robust. Other brands may look equivalent but may not be. For this design to work the latches need to be solid and I think that’s where some manufacturers would cut corners.

Back