• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Cingolani Accordion. How do I remove the keys.

Reaction score
received a Cingolani unit. 120 bass. The keys are so gummed up that they stick. The entire keyboard is like this, so that tells me that something has happened or been done that has affected the entire keyboard. I don’t see an axle to pull out from the side. Would appreciate any advice as to the secret of removing these keys, so I can first clean off everything and find out what happened. Otherwise, the unit is in very good unabused condition. I will let y’all know what I find as soon as I get in there.

My first guess is it’s been sprayed with something. My next guess is it has spent its life in an environment that has deposited a coating of oil/grease from the air. I wonder if homes heated with heating oil can have oil in minute quantities floating around in the air? Thanks for any info. I’m working on it tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_2040.jpeg
    IMG_2040.jpeg
    296.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
this unit was fulfilled by Scandalli, and it has their independant key system

if you look around near the pads, there should be a little hook tool
screwed on somewhere, You basically push down on each spring and unhook it
and the key comes out

the tool has an end and bend that helps you get it back on later

under is almost all aluminum.. i have never seen one that gunked up

good luck

Thanks to Ventura I got a couple of keys off. I never found the little tool that is supposed to be hidden under the front cover, so I used long nosed pliers. Look at all that gunk in there! This has to be a result of some kind of spray lube. Huge mess. Wish me luck getting these springs back on.

Attachments

• IMG_2041.jpeg
    IMG_2041.jpeg
    302.1 KB · Views: 15
Back