• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Does any key fit for missing accordion key

Mirela

Reaction score
Hi.i am wondering what years and model of my accordion is if anyone knows and is it possible to add any white keyboard missing key, or i need a specific key for my accordion. It is weltmeister, 32 bass buttons, works perfectly but i dont know where to find a missing key.thank you for your help.

Attachments

• 6237CC9E-7672-4F06-8FA8-7F31B1D6EB84.jpeg
    6237CC9E-7672-4F06-8FA8-7F31B1D6EB84.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 15
Hi Mirela
Welcome to the forum.
I don't the age of your accordion - but I'm sure it's 60+ years old.
Unless the (unlikely) case you'll find a similar model you can butcher I guess there's no way other than challenge your woodwork and painting skills to replace the missing key (cap).

where to find a missing key.
Here's an earlier thread on replacing treble key caps:๐Ÿ™‚
Yours would be a black one.๐Ÿ™‚
Another keytop repair thread:
Yet another:
One more:

Last edited:
The general advice appears to be:
Shape some cardboard to match the existing key tops.
Trace on to suitable plastic material,eg Perspex (Color, thickness)
Cut out and shape. Allow for clearance.
Trial fit.
Adjust.
Glue in place . (Clamping?)
The services of an expert accordion technician are advised.
How hard can it be?๐Ÿค”
Sounds like falling off a log!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ™‚
Someone like our member JKJ would be of great help!๐Ÿ™‚

Last edited:
Someone like our member JKJ would be of great help!๐Ÿ™‚

Ha! Iโ€™ve never had the occasion to make a replacement key top.

But with good tools (and the accordion in hand) it should be relatively easy for a reasonably adept craftsman to make a replacement. I personally would examine the existing keys and use a material identical or very similar to what comprises the existing key tops so in the long run the replacement wouldnโ€™t start to look out of place. If that wasnโ€™t important Iโ€™d probably choose a wood such as ebony or black plastic from my existing stock, both easy to work by hand, or even better for something this simple, on the milling machine. I might avoid painting in fear that it might eventually look bad from wear, although epoxy paint can be tough. Perhaps better to use a black material and polish to a high gloss to match.

If it's plastic of some sort, there are material suppliers that carry a huge variety of sizes od sheet, rectangular rod, etc and may have a stock sized identically or very close to the original. Here (USA) I usually check Online Metals first - great stock, quick service, even when buying small quantities.

Last edited:
Back