• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Folk Accordion: Castagnari Magica

Reciprocity, mutual respect and making community connections with like-minded people. What's not to like! Who knows where it might lead...
Unfortunately, as per usual, the usual “little old lady” came up and offered me her accordion because she can no longer play it. After a nice visit to their beautiful house, and helping them fix an awning, I left with a ladies sized Zon Rio 2 voicer in playable condition. Just needs key leveling and (probably) leather and gasket work for compression. My lovely wife was not thrilled. Gotta find someone to play it. Also heard the local commission (junk) store just got 7 new ones in. I’m afraid to look.

Unfortunately, as per usual, the usual “little old lady” came up and offered me her accordion because she can no longer play it. After a nice visit to their beautiful house, and helping them fix an awning, I left with a ladies sized Zon Rio 2 voicer in playable condition. Just needs key leveling and (probably) leather and gasket work for compression. My lovely wife was not thrilled. Gotta find someone to play it. Also heard the local commission (junk) store just got 7 new ones in. I’m afraid to look.
Wonder what you'd have written if the "little old lady" handed you over a mint-condition Magica for mending her awning? :unsure::D

Last edited:
Wonder what you'd have written if the "little old lady" handed you over a mint-condition Magica for mending her awning? :unsure::D
That was my hope, or at least a Gola, but alas….

Back