• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Hohner Certificates

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In September 2024 when I was in Germany, I paid a small fee to Hohner and in return they provided delivery certificates that hold a little info on four of my Hohner accordions.

The Hohner FB 36, my little red Free Bass accordion

Screenshot 2024-10-11 at 9.51.55 AM.png

Hohner Imperator V
Screenshot 2024-10-11 at 9.52.05 AM.png

Hohner Morino VI N

Screenshot 2024-10-11 at 9.52.14 AM.png

Hohner Gola 459
Screenshot 2024-10-11 at 9.52.26 AM.png

This is just basically an excerpt of the page on my blog, if you want to see the full-sized pics of the certificates, you can CLICK HERE to see them. :)

Attachments

• FB-36.jpg
    FB-36.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 16
  • Imperator.jpg
    Imperator.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 10
  • MorinoVIn.jpg
    MorinoVIn.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Very interesting.. my 1965' Gola 414 certificate showed the price to be "DM 2700,00".. 1/6 of your 459 and 1/2 of your Morino! Was the inflation that bad then or did the price just go up by THAT much??

Very interesting.. my 1965' Gola 414 certificate showed the price to be "DM 2700,00".. 1/6 of your 459 and 1/2 of your Morino! Was the inflation that bad then or did the price just go up by THAT much??
Let's not forget that Jerry's instruments are top of the line, with 5 reed treble and added free bass.

Let's not forget that Jerry's instruments are top of the line, with 5 reed treble and added free bass.
Yeah but we are talking about six times the price here.. 2700 vs 16450!

Given the Morino was 5400 in 1974, in 1979 it would be like 8000 (a wild guess) and I would think the Gola 414 price being closer to 459 than Morino, say 13000, which would still be 4-5x the price in 1965.

Well, I am sure that year/inflation/increased profits were part of it, but you also have to take in to consideration that a 414 and 459 are completely different instruments. 41 vs 45 right keys, 120 vs 185 left hand buttons and 4 sets of right hand reeds vs 5 sets. The size and weight are also much more with the 459.

Playing the 414 for me is like playing a standard accordion in terms of size, but putting on the Morino or Gola... you instantly know you are in a different world. The increased bellows volume makes playing feel more expansive and liberating too.

@JerryPH, been reading some older posts and saw your post on your other accordions like the Leader V. I'm curious on your thoughts about the (sound) difference between that and the Gola, as well as how much time you play these now (Leader V, Gola, Roland etc) :D

@JerryPH, been reading some older posts and saw your post on your other accordions like the Leader V. I'm curious on your thoughts about the (sound) difference between that and the Gola, as well as how much time you play these now (Leader V, Gola, Roland etc) :D
Wow, that's a post I could fill a book with, but let's keep it short.

I play every accordion a minimum of once a week but not a lot. I have about 100 hours on the Beltuna and about 75 hours on the Gola.

The Beltuna is NICE, its smooth fast, has GREAT microphones in it, it also has not one but 3 distinct musette registrations. It is a beautiful accordion with greata versatility. Very few accordions touch the level that this accordion is at.

The Gola... first we should not really compare it to the Leader V because it is in a different class. It's versatility is more limited, but the parts that are the same between them, there is absolutely no doubt that the Leader definitely falls to 2nd place. Also, the addition of Free Bass, extended keyboard and just the sheer quality of everything that you touch, feel and hear and feel is just simply on another level.

Manfred Leucter really said it that the Gola is not made so much for the listeners as it is made for the player... the one playing it, if you are truly attentive can be pretty easily overwhelmed. I was overwhelmed to the point that the hairs on my arms stood up when I played someone else's Gola. I was impressed enough that I went half-way around the world and paid a large amount of money, simply because it was my dream, my ultimate accordion and in my eyes it has no competitors, it IS the competition.

My playing goes in spurts. The funny thing is that when I want to play FOR ME, I play an acoustic. When I want to gig or perform, I play the Roland.

In the next few days, I am making a final decision on if I am performing in Prague this New Year... and if I will be performing, nothing beats the ability to maximize versatility sound and excitement and bring the crowd where I want them to be than the Roland. That's not to say I do not feel excited to play my acoustics, but the digital is for the people, while my Gola is for me. :)

Last edited:
Wow, that's a post I could fill a book with, but let's keep it short.

I play every accordion a minimum of once a week but not a lot. I have about 100 hours on the Beltuna and about 75 hours on the Gola.

The Beltuna is NICE, its smooth fast, has GREAT microphones in it, it also has not one but 3 distinct musette registrations. It is a beautiful accordion with greata versatility. Very few accordions touch the level that this accordion is at.

The Gola... first we should not really compare it to the Leader V because it is in a different class. It's versatility is more limited, but the parts that are the same between them, there is absolutely no doubt that the Leader definitely falls to 2nd place. Also, the addition of Free Bass, extended keyboard and just the sheer quality of everything that you touch, feel and hear and feel is just simply on another level.

Manfred Leucter really said it that the Gola is not made so much for the listeners as it is made for the player... the one playing it, if you are truly attentive can be pretty easily overwhelmed. I was overwhelmed to the point that the hairs on my arms stood up when I played someone else's Gola. I was impressed enough that I went half-way around the world and paid a large amount of money, simply because it was my dream, my ultimate accordion and in my eyes it has no competitors, it IS the competition.

My playing goes in spurts. The funny thing is that when I want to play FOR ME, I play an acoustic. When I want to gig or perform, I play the Roland.

In the next few days, I am making a final decision on if I am performing in Prague this New Year... and if I will be performing, nothing beats the ability to maximize versatility sound and excitement and bring the crowd where I want them to be than the Roland. That's not to say I do not feel excited to play my acoustics, but the digital is for the people, while my Gola is for me. :)
Very interesting, thanks for sharing!

Back