• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

The Russian way of playing the accordion

We are so fortunate in this forum to have some actual experts. Henry in repair, Paul in tuning, Jerry in recording, Ventura in history, Piotr in jazz, Knobby in administration, etc. Many others absolutely on top of their game. Then there are me and Jaime…..🤣🤣

Well given my posting was about a research paper on Zolotaryov, one of the greatest Russian Bayanists and composers, I couldn't have predicted folks were more interested in debating the origins of the free reed. Having read all the postings just now I'm absolutely none the wiser on either subject!

Last edited:
Well given my posting was about a research paper on Zolotaryov, one of the greatest Russian Bayanists and composers, I couldn't have predicted folks were more interested in debating the origins of the free reed. Having read all the postings just now I'm absolutely none the wiser on either subject!

And just to clarify, I just made a slight correction on the research paper (that I see often in the english language), and I wasn't expecting so much controversy about it either.

Still, I find it really interesting how Master Zolotaryov saw that there was far more potential on the instrument and wanted to expand it further. Truly inspirational and makes no wonder why, in Russia, accordions with converters are fairly common.

Back