• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Korg Fisa Banks & Scenes Vs. Roland 8X Banks, Sets & UPG’s

John M

Site Supporter
Reaction score
After reading Section 14, Working With Scenes, of the Fisa owner’s Manual, I compared the differences to the Roland 8X.

Both accordions have 100 Banks. The Fisa has 6 scenes in each bank for a total of 600 Scenes. The 8X has 14 User Programs (UPG), in each Bank for a total of 1400 UPG’s. The UPG’s are selectable from the 14 right hand register switches. Both the Fisa and 8X capture all of the accordion settings (configurations) in a Scene or a UPG. The Fisa captures 14 right hand register switches in each Scene. Therefore, the Fisa has a total of 600 X 14 = 8400 accordion configurations. This compares to the 1400 UPG’s of the 8X. I did not see any mention of “Sets” in the Fisa owner’s manual

When I set up my 8X, I configured 4 banks each with 14 UPG’s that I use regularly. To scroll between banks I use the right/left “Set” (Demo) buttons. If I want to switch from UPG 1-4 to UPG 4-4, I press the “Set” right button 3 times and then press the Data/Enter knob for the selection. With the Fisa, there is a “User Scene” selection of 6 buttons that allows direct selection of any scene with a single press of any button. The Fisa has an efficient design of the buttons on the panel of the accordion.

This FB Group is dedicated to the technical and operational aspects of the Korg Fisa Suprema.

Highly recommend this group. Not only is Greg-V a sincerely nice guy, he's very knowledgeable and also one of the coming authorized support/repair centers once the Korg unit comes out.

Back