• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Korg FISA SUPREMA

Starting today, 2024 September the 3rd, the world of accordionists will experience the greatest innovation of the past 20 years:
a digital accordion, with a bellows that perfectly mimics the feel of an acoustic instrument, yet more compact and lightweight.
FISA SUPREMA is the result of a sophisticated joint project between KORG Japan and DEXIBELL Italy, its sounds and features are derived from cutting-edge technology,
something never heard before.
It has been difficult to maintain secrecy during the last four years of development, but from now on you will hear extraordinary things...
“This musical instrument is no longer just a tool; it’s an invitation to explore uncharted musical realms” - word of Luigi Bruti.

I see a Korg name, but I noticed the FR-8X bones... I wonder how much 8X is in there? :D

In the end, it doesn't really matter, this is exciting news and I wish them success... but I just cannot help think... are we looking at just another "EVO"?

Edit: Found the connection between Luigi Bruti and Roland that explains the similarities:
  • Former Marketing Director at Roland Europe spa in Liquidazione
  • Former Marketing Director at Roland Europe S.p.A.
  • Former General Consultant at Roland Europe
  • Former Marketing Director at Roland Europe
  • Former V-Accordion division Director at Roland Europe
  • Former R&D Director at Roland Europe
  • Former R&D Musical advisor at Roland Europe
Well, looking forward to see if we have differences or real advancements. :)

Last edited:
I see a Korg name, but I noticed the FR-8X bones... I wonder how much 8X is in there? :D

In the end, it doesn't really matter, this is exciting news and I wish them success... but I just cannot help think... are we looking at just another "EVO"?
Was thinking the same 🤔

This could be good news ..................What about all the top class sounds and style that are available in the Korg arranger keyboards .
Would want to hear those sounds as well .......................not just accordion sounds
just my opinion as i prefer a good blend of both .................

This could be good news ..................What about all the top class sounds and style that are available in the Korg arranger keyboards .
Would want to hear those sounds as well .......................not just accordion sounds
just my opinion as i prefer a good blend of both .................
This is in one way or another DEFINITELY good news. It's either the next iteration of the 8X, which means it might maintain support from Roland or it means that it hopefully opens the door for Korg to share their best with the 8X and integrate it into this "new" accordion. :)

Roland has been cutting off models in the last few years... and then this! I do not understand... :oops: I wonder where those guys from DEXIBELL came from!

Roland has been cutting off models in the last few years... and then this! I do not understand... :oops:
Simple... squeezing every penny they can from a previous design, it's all about the dollar. ;)
I'm curious who the early adopters are going to be. The Roland/EVO digital accordion world is small and they're going to want to do their best to promote it.

(...)

Edit: Found the connection between Luigi Bruti and Roland that explains the similarities:
(...)
Well, looking forward to see if we have differences or real advancements. :)
Maybe Bruti still believed in the V-Accordion while the rest of Roland did not... so he decided to take his dream somewhere else!

I wonder what the Korg does that the Roland FR-8x does not! Apart of course from a different orchestral sound library.

€8000 is about $10,000US and about $13,500CDN. For that kind of money, they are seriously overpricing themselves out of the market. Just my opinion. The most expensive Korg arranger is the Pa5X-88 at $5300US. HUGE freaking difference.

€8000 is about $10,000US and about $13,500CDN. For that kind of money, they are seriously overpricing themselves out of the market. Just my opinion. The most expensive Korg arranger is the Pa5X-88 at $5300US. HUGE freaking difference.
We can get a Roland FR-8x in Canada for CAD $9,600 or less.

it is a bit more than that, you recall i mentioned an ELKA
personal connection to the FR7, that was Bruti as well..

but the really significant thing was Bruti's name is on the
patents Roland had to license for the V-Accordion project..

Korg Italy SpA, VIA CAGIATA 85 OSIMO AN 60027 IT

soooooo as i understood it, for a time, partly because of Covid, Proel
dis-associated themselves from Mr. Bruti, and he went into retirement.
prior to this in 2015, Proel had bought out the Roland Europe assets
and location in Italy where they had their manufacturing and R&D,
(the old SIEL factory) they also hired some of Roland's workforce.
and it was at that time the DEXIBELL brand was brought into existence
by PROEL.

Proel has significant assets in North America, warehouses, logistics, distribution,
a powerful sales force, and has Sweetwater as a major client. It is a powerful and
healthy organization. big in the pro-sound sector..

korgusa.com
316 S Service Rd, Melville, NY 11747
is of course also still in existence, dating back to the time of Mr. Kato
and the Rhythm machines and those little PA systems and the funny
little monophonic keyboard with the reverse colored keys, all of
which i still have relics of in my Studio..

personally, i feel that KORG has kept the spirit of Kato far more
honorably than Roland has regarding Mr. Kakehashi, so i would
get on board with this, having a long history of trusting KORG.
(i still have the first DW-8000 released for sale in the USA
that i had pre-ordered the day it was announced at NAMM

Back