• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Korg FISA SUPREMA

Does anyone know what the "Better Organ" section includes. Does it still have dedicated memory to the Tonewheel Organ (like the 8X) that duplicates the B3? I remember a demo of the Proxima. It had Organ sounds, but (from I could tell) there were only a 1/2 dozen or so -- like they would be in with the "Orchestral" sounds. It didn't have memory dedicated to the Tonewheel organ section.

In addition to the B3 Tonewheel sounds, the 8X also has several "Orchestral" organ sounds such as "Organ Flute", "Chaple Organ", "Church Organ", "[C]Church Org.2", "[C]Church Org.B", "[C]Organ Flute", "[C]Reed Organ", etc.

Virtual Tone Wheel Technology (Upper, Lower, Pedal)​

Organ Types:
Tone Wheel 1-2, Transistor (Farf, Vox), Pipe types with over 148 patches assignable to the registers
Registers:
14 Treble, 7 Bass/Chord, 7 Free Bass

You can create "interesting" sound effects by moving your body (and thus the accordion) forwards, backwards and sideways. (I think the G stands for "gravity".) And on the top of the bass side (just next to the top row of buttons) is a strip you can move your finger over (swipe) to create effects (like glissando). (That was explained and demonstrated in the long video.)

Virtual Tone Wheel Technology (Upper, Lower, Pedal)​

Organ Types:
Tone Wheel 1-2, Transistor (Farf, Vox), Pipe types with over 148 patches assignable to the registers
Registers:
14 Treble, 7 Bass/Chord, 7 Free Bass
Wow! - I'm still discovering new parameters that enhance the sound on my 8X. I hope the FISA has a powerful editor that allows the end user to modify user programs.

Now comes the big question: Aside from Kraft Music, where in the USA can we go to try the Fisa Suprema?

I can give a partial answer. There is a music store not fifteen minutes away from me, that awill lready has both versions (PA and CBA) listed on their website with prices. Whether they actually have those accordions in stock or not, I have yet to find out. If I'm not mistaken, this is that particular music store's first experience with any accordion; acoustic or digital. But, by extension, I would suppose that any Korg dealer would have access to the Fisa Suprima accordions.

BTW, that Korg service center you mentioned is about a half-hour from me. I must have passed it many times going east on the Long Island Expressway (also known as the world's longest parking lot in rush hour:).)
Carnegie Accordion in Pittsburgh, PA announced today that it will offer the Fisa Suprema with user programs from Cory Pesatauro.

Now comes the big question: Aside from Kraft Music, where in the USA can we go to try the Fisa Suprema?

I can give a partial answer. There is a music store not fifteen minutes away from me, that already has both versions (PA and CBA) listed on their website with prices. Whether they actually have those accordions in stock or not, I have yet to find out. If I'm not mistaken, this is that particular music store's first experience with any accordion; acoustic or digital. But, by extension, I would suppose that any Korg dealer would have access to the Fisa Suprima accordions.

BTW, that Korg service center you mentioned is about a half-hour from me. I must have passed it many times going east on the Long Island Expressway (also known as the world's longest parking lot in rush hour:).)

THOMANN now also has them on pre-order
the PA slightly cheaper than the CBA

THOMANN now also has them on pre-order
the PA slightly cheaper than the CBA
You probably mean "the PA slightly less expensive than the CBA"...
For me "cheaper" indicates a lower price than something "cheap", but "cheap" does not apply at all to these instruments, let alone "cheaper"...
But I fully realize that I may be the only one who tries to use language in this way...

Hmmm.... not like a feature I would be using a lot. Imagine I want to get all expressive and lean forward and back and the song falls out of tune, that sounds like something that I would do... lol

Well, not really kidding, but this thing is STARTING to excite me... but the chances of me getting it... quite low. No matter how its calculated, $8000US comes out very close to $13,000 after conversion and taxes for me in Canada. I was freaking at 11,000... it would have to be SuperKalaFrajalisticExpeeAlidoeShus amazing if I considered paying $13,000, and nothing short of a Gola touches me that way, at least not at this time.

Well, not really kidding, but this thing is STARTING to excite me... but the chances of me getting it... quite low. No matter how its calculated, $8000US comes out very close to $13,000 after conversion and taxes for me in Canada. I was freaking at 11,000... it would have to be SuperKalaFrajalisticExpeeAlidoeShus amazing if I considered paying $13,000, and nothing short of a Gola touches me that way, at least not at this time.
My thoughts exactly. I would be willing to pay 20.000 euro for a fantastic acoustic accordion That would give me a lot of musical pleasure for the next 30 years or so (if I am so lucky as to like this long in good health). And after 30 years it would likely still be worth about the same number (meaning a lot less if you account for inflation and make someone else happy for another 20 years.
For an electronic box that would last me 10 years if I'm lucky and is likely worth virtually nothing by that time, it's a simple calculation: 20.000 for 50 years of use... that translated to 4.000 for 10 years of use. Let's round numbers here... and then the new Korg should really cost around 5.000 euro to be worth it. Clearly Korg must be aiming to sell relatively few items at the highest price they can get for it, instead of selling a lot of items for a more reasonable price. When a digital piano with all possible bells and whistles costs 3000 (not taking esoteric ones into account like the top models by Yamaha) it just doesn't make sense to pay 8000 for a digital accordion with similar bells and whistles...

Hmmm.... not like a feature I would be using a lot. Imagine I want to get all expressive and lean forward and back and the song falls out of tune, that sounds like something that I would do... lol

Couldn't you drive you car to Kraft Music (home of Dale Mathis), in Wisconsin, a good 12 hr. drive, buy the FISA there and then "stash" it in your trunk when you cross the border -- No Canadian Tax.

Couldn't you drive you car to Kraft Music (home of Dale Mathis), in Wisconsin, a good 12 hr. drive, buy the FISA there and then "stash" it in your trunk when you cross the border -- No Canadian Tax.
Stop at my house on the way, we beat up the accordion a bit so it’s “used” going back across the border….

I'm sitting here waiting for some guys upgrading to this Korg and selling their FR 8x 🤣 maybe we'll start to see more used FR 8x in the market soon 😎

Still need to deal with the fact that the US >CDN conversion rate is like a ridiculous 30-35%. It becomes a bit more of a hit when you realize that I paid less than 50% of the retail cost on a (for all intents and purposes NEW), 8X that when I picked it up was on it's first charge and was used less than a couple hours from the wife of the original owner.

That would not be a bad thing. I wonder what they are going to let them go for. :)
Yeah.. I also wonder.. why not many Chinese companies haven't jumped into the digital accordion business (which would drive the market price down). It seems it would make logical sense, as making digital accordions don't involve making acutal reeds, and dealing with electronics is probably much easier for the Chinese companies. It's possible it's because the overall interest in digital accordions is just not high enough to make profits.

A couple of years ago there was talking of this "Tianshuo" model being released. I recently saw the 41/120 PA being sold in China now for about $1400 USD.

Still need to deal with the fact that the US >CDN conversion rate is like a ridiculous 30-35%. It becomes a bit more of a hit when you realize that I paid less than 50% of the retail cost on a (for all intents and purposes NEW), 8X that when I picked it up was on it's first charge and was used less than a couple hours from the wife of the original owner.
That was an exceptional deal you got on the 8X. If you wait for < 50% off retail price for the FISA -- It might take a while.

The trick is not not be in a rush. Being an early adopter has it's advantages, especially if you are someone in the limelight, then being slow could be a detriment. Me, I am no one special, no one much cares about my choice of instruments or tastes, so for now... I am good, especially concerning the fact that I may have only touched 10-15 percent of what the 8X has to offer! :)

Back