• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Korg FISA SUPREMA

it is a bit more than that, you recall i mentioned an ELKA
personal connection to the FR7, that was Bruti as well..

but the really significant thing was Bruti's name is on the
patents Roland had to license for the V-Accordion project..

Korg Italy SpA, VIA CAGIATA 85 OSIMO AN 60027 IT

soooooo as i understood it, for a time, partly because of Covid, Proel
dis-associated themselves from Mr. Bruti, and he went into retirement.
prior to this in 2015, Proel had bought out the Roland Europe assets
and location in Italy where they had their manufacturing and R&D,
(the old SIEL factory) they also hired some of Roland's workforce.
and it was at that time the DEXIBELL brand was brought into existence
by PROEL.

Proel has significant assets in North America, warehouses, logistics, distribution,
a powerful sales force, and has Sweetwater as a major client. It is a powerful and
healthy organization. big in the pro-sound sector..

korgusa.com
316 S Service Rd, Melville, NY 11747
is of course also still in existence, dating back to the time of Mr. Kato
and the Rhythm machines and those little PA systems and the funny
little monophonic keyboard with the reverse colored keys, all of
which i still have relics of in my Studio..

personally, i feel that KORG has kept the spirit of Kato far more
honorably than Roland has regarding Mr. Kakehashi, so i would
get on board with this, having a long history of trusting KORG.
(i still have the first DW-8000 released for sale in the USA
that i had pre-ordered the day it was announced at NAMM

Great report and Knowledge and vast experience in the music industry ....thank you

I saw Kep’s post on FB this morning and it was the first I heard of this instrument. All of a sudden, we have prices, specs, sound samples, names of developers, and historical background. Heck, even Kraft Music is in on this.

I’m overjoyed that there’s a new digital accordion actively on the market, but

HOW IN BLAZES DID THEY KEEP THIS QUIET FOR FOUR YEARS?😀

it is a bit more than that, you recall i mentioned an ELKA
personal connection to the FR7, that was Bruti as well..

but the really significant thing was Bruti's name is on the
patents Roland had to license for the V-Accordion project..

Korg Italy SpA, VIA CAGIATA 85 OSIMO AN 60027 IT

soooooo as i understood it, for a time, partly because of Covid, Proel
dis-associated themselves from Mr. Bruti, and he went into retirement.
prior to this in 2015, Proel had bought out the Roland Europe assets
and location in Italy where they had their manufacturing and R&D,
(the old SIEL factory) they also hired some of Roland's workforce.
and it was at that time the DEXIBELL brand was brought into existence
by PROEL.

Proel has significant assets in North America, warehouses, logistics, distribution,
a powerful sales force, and has Sweetwater as a major client. It is a powerful and
healthy organization. big in the pro-sound sector..

korgusa.com
316 S Service Rd, Melville, NY 11747
is of course also still in existence, dating back to the time of Mr. Kato
and the Rhythm machines and those little PA systems and the funny
little monophonic keyboard with the reverse colored keys, all of
which i still have relics of in my Studio..

personally, i feel that KORG has kept the spirit of Kato far more
honorably than Roland has regarding Mr. Kakehashi, so i would
get on board with this, having a long history of trusting KORG.
(i still have the first DW-8000 released for sale in the USA
that i had pre-ordered the day it was announced at NAMM

Now comes the big question: Aside from Kraft Music, where in the USA can we go to try the Fisa Suprema?

I can give a partial answer. There is a music store not fifteen minutes away from me, that already has both versions (PA and CBA) listed on their website with prices. Whether they actually have those accordions in stock or not, I have yet to find out. If I'm not mistaken, this is that particular music store's first experience with any accordion; acoustic or digital. But, by extension, I would suppose that any Korg dealer would have access to the Fisa Suprima accordions.

BTW, that Korg service center you mentioned is about a half-hour from me. I must have passed it many times going east on the Long Island Expressway (also known as the world's longest parking lot in rush hour:).)

Last edited:
I saw Kep’s post on FB this morning and it was the first I heard of this instrument. All of a sudden, we have prices, specs, sound samples, names of developers, and historical background. Heck, even Kraft Music is in on this.

Perhaps they used Proxima as a smokescreen? ;)

This could be good news ..................What about all the top class sounds and style that are available in the Korg arranger keyboards .
Would want to hear those sounds as well .......................not just accordion sounds
just my opinion as i prefer a good blend of both .................
Listen to it here:
https://soundcloud.com/korg

I believe this is the instrument's demo songs.

Unlike *cough*others*cough*, some people KNOW how to work a business! ;)
Practically DAY ONE... look at how many YouTube videos you can find already!!

Nice presentation :)
Yes and no... he so far said actually nothing where if he was wearing an FR-8X that would change his presentation. :)
I want to start seeing differences between the 8X and this unit! :D

Last edited:
I want to start seeing differences between the 8X and this unit! :D
I was thinking that way, too. But! If this baby is the missing FR-9X, then do we really need the difference? :)
On more serious note, here is what I counted so far:
  • Weight 10kg
  • Sound 24bit/48kHz
  • G sensor & swipe sensor (2 killer features!)
  • 580MB for loading [Korg?] sounds
  • 9 (not 7) treble reeds, 3 (not 2) free bass reeds
  • Better Organ section

The Korg has award winning accordion sounds. Never had to tweak them on my Korg pa series arrangers. They layer sounds, even button noise and label them as Keyboard sets to create various accordions. Hoping this accordion will sound great out of the box.

I was thinking that way, too. But! If this baby is the missing FR-9X, then do we really need the difference? :)
  • Weight 10kg
  • Sound 24bit/48kHz
  • Better Organ section
Could these be downloadable sampled sounds? Like on the Korg arrangers?

€8000 is about $10,000US and about $13,500CDN. For that kind of money, they are seriously overpricing themselves out of the market. Just my opinion. The most expensive Korg arranger is the Pa5X-88 at $5300US. HUGE freaking difference.
€8000 is about $8000 when you consider that the euro price includes taxes and the dollar price does not.

And from the few small bits I heard so far (will listen some more) I can already say that this sounds much much more like an accordion than anything I heard that was played on a Roland. It surely sounds like a major leap forward.
Edit: After listening to more sound clips I am somewhat less enthusiastic. Some accordion sounds are great but others (especially dry-tuned sounds) still have "an electronic ring" to them that very much reminds me of how a Roland sounds. So I'd say it is a positive evolution but not a revolution in digital accordions...

Last edited:
  • Weight 10kg
  • Sound 24bit/48kHz
  • Better Organ section
Does anyone know what the "Better Organ" section includes. Does it still have dedicated memory to the Tonewheel Organ (like the 8X) that duplicates the B3? I remember a demo of the Proxima. It had Organ sounds, but (from I could tell) there were only a 1/2 dozen or so -- like they would be in with the "Orchestral" sounds. It didn't have memory dedicated to the Tonewheel organ section.

In addition to the B3 Tonewheel sounds, the 8X also has several "Orchestral" organ sounds such as "Organ Flute", "Chaple Organ", "Church Organ", "[C]Church Org.2", "[C]Church Org.B", "[C]Organ Flute", "[C]Reed Organ", etc.

• Weight 10kg
  • Sound 24bit/48kHz
  • Better Organ section
What is a G sensor and swipe sensor?

Wavesart has provided me additional accordion sounds for my Korg PA5x. As it is too early to tell, but may provide additional sounds for accordion? Antony Sharmman has great programming skills.

What is a G sensor and swipe sensor?
You can create "interesting" sound effects by moving your body (and thus the accordion) forwards, backwards and sideways. (I think the G stands for "gravity".) And on the top of the bass side (just next to the top row of buttons) is a strip you can move your finger over (swipe) to create effects (like glissando). (That was explained and demonstrated in the long video.)

You can create "interesting" sound effects by moving your body (and thus the accordion) forwards, backwards and sideways. (I think the G stands for "gravity".) And on the top of the bass side (just next to the top row of buttons) is a strip you can move your finger over (swipe) to create effects (like glissando). (That was explained and demonstrated in the long video.)
Could be something like we have in our Phones, accelerometers? These angle messages can be converted into midi messages. In my FR4x expression pedal , I use this process.

Back