• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

My Beltuna video

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I kind of promised that I would post something in here and so made a quick little video with the new Beltuna Leader V accordion. It's a lot of fun!

If you don't want to watch the part of me just chin-waggin', here is just the "unlisted" video.

Last edited:
What an incredible gift you got there! From all the piano accordions I have tried in my life this one was my favorite. (It was also the most expensive 5/5 double cassotto accordion with Stradella base, and beyond reach for my budget at the time.)

"JerryPH said,
I kind of promised that I would post something in here and so made a quick little video with the new Beltuna Leader V accordion. It's a lot of fun!"
Great video!
Great LIMEX!
Great accordion!
Great story!
Thanks for sharing!❤️

What an incredible gift you got there! From all the piano accordions I have tried in my life this one was my favorite. (It was also the most expensive 5/5 double cassotto accordion with Stradella base, and beyond reach for my budget at the time.)
Very high praise coming from you Paul, thanks so much. And you again taught me something new, I was aware it was a Cassotto, but not a double Cassotto... I've not opened it up yet, so thank-you!

Big "thank-you" to Dingo, Tom, Ed and Nick for the comments, very appreciated. :)

This accordion really is a departure from my past preferences, first its not German (lol), and I really wasn't looking to add another accordion to the collection other than for the Gola (an extremely lofty goal that is not going very well at the moment), and never would have made the purchase of myself, but without saying a word to anyone, really did fall hard for the accordion, and it must have showed to my mother.

Word to the wise, don't try to hide anything from a mother... they know everything! :D

Last edited:
Very high praise coming from you Paul, thanks so much. And you again taught me something new, I was aware it was a Cassotto, but not a double Cassotto... I've not opened it up yet, so thank-you!
With "double cassotto" I was merely using the common term for indicating that 2 voices are in cassotto. ("Single cassotto" then means only one voice is in cassotto, obviously.)
But the Leader V comes with "amplisound" which is a second sound chamber you can engage and disengage and it enhances the cassotto effect. This is a feature unique to Beltuna. (Presumably it's patented so others cannot copy it for some years to come, unless they obtain a license.) The amplisound is nice to have, but when the accordion needs to be tuned it has to be removed and later reattached... a bit of a pain I guess, but should be doable. (I have not yet serviced a Leader V so I don't know how easily it can be removed but I have seen pictures and it should be fairly straightforward.)

When you struck up the first notes, your music transported me to an exotic place far from here! Then you hit the lovely rich musette switch and I was back in the room, but not so much Scotland, more like cha-cha Ecosse! Love it Jerry! :)

When you struck up the first notes, your music transported me to an exotic place far from here! Then you hit the lovely rich musette switch and I was back in the room, but not so much Scotland, more like cha-cha Ecosse! Love it Jerry! :)
Thanks so much Stewart, that means a lot!

I had a chance to talk to another Scott, my friend Keith in Burlington about it and he has some really good info about the Leader V.

A few things that I found out:
1 - The new Leader V is about 15,000 Euros ($21,000 CDN)
2 - The box has 3 levels of musette one of which is not very pleasant.
3 - Mine is not the newer version but the previous/older iteration
4 - The older ones command a little bit lower a price on the market
5 - They often come with the older Limex MPR-3 not the newer 4
6 - They both come with hand made reeds, but the older ones were more responsive and had 3 solid and pleasant musette tunings
7 - A strong recommendation: If you get one, get the older one if there is a choice.
8 - Not going to say what it was, but I made a bit of a discovery and my mom paid WAY under fair market price for even a dealer. :)
9 - The more I play it, the more it impresses me.
10 - Final thought... played a 414 Gola again... OK its not quite there (but it is REALLY close!) compared to that Gola but it has other advantages that the Gola is missing. :)

The most expensive 5/5 piano accordion from Beltuna is their Spirit line. The Leader and Prestige models are also considered their professional accordions. This is what I was told when emailing and visiting Beltuna. The Leader is a great accordion and some people like the amplisound, which is only featured on the Leader model.

compared to that Gola but it has other advantages that the Gola is missing. :)
For what it's worth Jerry, I think Beltuna make a superlative instrument and your Leader is magnificent. You have 5 lovely sounding voices in an instrument of moderate weight and dimensions. I used to own a Gola 414, they are good, but I never missed it for a minute after I sold it! The Leader V is more versatile, with many lovely sounds, and will give decades of trouble free playing.

I know what you mean... but I am going to stick to my guns on my plan... July 2024 the search stops and there is either a Gola in my basement... or not. In the meantime I am making sure that my top instruments are moving from 75-80 percent to 95% or better and enjoying the heck out of them.

For example, right now my Imperator is going to get a nice complete revalving/re-waxing, internal cleaning of the register mechanisms and then testing and anything else that is needed. There is a lot of love and pleasure happening in my basement! :D

Just replaced my Beltuna straps with big wide ones and protective covers:
20230716_125649.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe just change the label to Gola after July 2024? 🤣
:D :D. Nah its NOT the name, it's the experience. Same thing for my Corvettes... I was asked why not just purchase a C5 corvette if that was what I wanted... no, I wanted a C5 Z06 no less. I never had an issue knowing what I wanted, it was being able to afford and FIND what I wanted.. lol

I've done A LOT for my family, and I will continue to do so... but in the last few years I've done a little for me here and there. We're here only once, why not do things that make you happy??

Last edited:
I fully agree with your ideas Jerry! Getting the best tools, instruments, cars, etc.that you can is the way to go!

That's a great video, Jerry, and well-played!

I've gotta mention that just today I paid a visit to the New England Accordion Connection and Museum in Canaan, Ct. What a cool place, and Paul Ramunni is such a nice guy! There are so many good stories attached to his accordions.

I made sure to tell him what you had mentioned in a previous post:
the Beltuna is in good hands and being immensely enjoyed.

Paul got a big smile on his face when he heard that.

That's a great video, Jerry, and well-played!

I've gotta mention that just today I paid a visit to the New England Accordion Connection and Museum in Canaan, Ct. What a cool place, and Paul Ramunni is such a nice guy! There are so many good stories attached to his accordions.

I made sure to tell him what you had mentioned in a previous post:

Paul got a big smile on his face when he heard that.
Wow, thank-you!!! Yes, Paul is an awesome guy, happy to call him a friend!

Back