• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Thread for Evolution of the AI Accordionist

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so sue me if you don’t like AI. (Or just ignore this thread because I’m into it).

We are on the bleeding edge of this technology, love it or hate it. I am interested to see where it goes, and having a blast “making” accordionists in different locales, with different aspects, stereotypes, etc. This thread will let us see how it evolves. Please add your own if you’re into it!

So for today, I am going with a more painterly style, to reduce some of the “shock of the unreal (which we’ll get to).” Here, for example, I’ve asked our erstwhile accordionists to travel to E Hopper’s Maine.

IMG_2891.jpeg

Here’s our old hippy guy on Lake Superior, probably cranking out a sea shanty or two, or maybe Sugar Magnolia for all we know….

IMG_2877.jpeg

Last edited:
The sanfoneira always has a request for White Dove.

IMG_2836.jpeg

Preparing for the Corsa con la Cannata at the Gonfalone d’ Italia…..

IMG_2749.jpeg

Last edited:
I like the painterly style and composition. Hands and keys have improved from earlier versions. But the straps either look like a backpack or have become detached from the accordion. It makes me nervous they’re going to drop the instrument!

• Very Funny
Reactions: Tom
how about AI music?

I've been experimenting with the Udio AI. I expect it to fill all my commercial BGM needs soon.
it doesn't know what an accordion is apparently

Sample:

Interesting. Is it all ai including the vocals? Sounds like “Did he mention my name.”

Everything is AI including the lyrics and vocals. It came up with the lyrics by itself.

Prompt: a song with a peaceful melody played on an accordion

Lyrics​

In the morning light it glistens, does the river flow so smooth?
Are the meadows still so quiet, bathed in dawn’s gentle hue?
Do the whispers of the willows bring a sense of peace and calm?
And by the way, did he sing his song?
[Chorus]
Did he sing his song by the water?
And when the day went by

Reactions: Tom
Everything is AI including the lyrics and vocals. It came up with the lyrics by itself.

Prompt: a song with a peaceful melody played on an accordion

Lyrics​

In the morning light it glistens, does the river flow so smooth?
Are the meadows still so quiet, bathed in dawn’s gentle hue?
Do the whispers of the willows bring a sense of peace and calm?
And by the way, did he sing his song?
[Chorus]
Did he sing his song by the water?
And when the day went by
Thanks, so yeah, like the art ai, still needs some tweaking, but improving…..

A.I. is not a creator, it is a mixer and shuffler but will improve very quickly.
Guess it depends on your definition of “creator,” but no matter, it is what it is and yes, is improving quickly.

When your accordionist is also the lighthouse keeper…..

IMG_2918.jpeg

I have used AI to generate some stickers, but found that it never really got the keys /buttons right , and the bellows were just...
I dragged the pictures into photoshop and cleaned them up.
There is a problem with AI using bad AI images posted online as a refrerence, this introduces amusing errors.
Wearing extra fake fingers for family photos for a laugh also causes problems.

I have used AI to generate some stickers, but found that it never really got the keys /buttons right , and the bellows were just...
I dragged the pictures into photoshop and cleaned them up.
There is a problem with AI using bad AI images posted online as a refrerence, this introduces amusing errors.
Wearing extra fake fingers for family photos for a laugh also causes problems.
True, it’s really hard to get a realistic looking accordion, and hands are a challenge. But we persevere. Best solution, as I have found, is to go for a more abstract or painterly effect. Plus I use the free software. I’m sure I could do better with a paid version, but I’m pretty used to this one.

Ok, any suggestions for where our accordionist should travel next, or other interesting situations? I run out of ideas…..

Ok, any suggestions for where our accordionist should travel next, or other interesting situations? I run out of ideas…..
Sitting cross-legged on the deck of a sailing boat, maybe wearing “pirate attire”, ie. knickerbockers, loose coarse shirt and of course a tricorne hat.

Avast ye mates, we leave this sheltered shore, to plunder and more….

(It’s hard to play accordion cross legged, but if you really need it, let me know!)

IMG_2988.jpeg

Here’s our old hippy guy on Lake Superior, probably cranking out a sea shanty or two, or maybe Sugar Magnolia for all we know….

IMG_2877.jpeg
Strap? Who needs a stinking strap?

I think the “AI” software my son uses at his architectural firm (a paid version) can be taught by feeding examples and interacting to refine the results. Maybe someone will do the hard part and teach the software what comprises various actual accordion keyboards: PA, stradella, button, register switches.

As an aside, remember, even the AI experts generally agree that what most consider artificial intelligence does not exist. There are only data and algorithms programmed to work with that data. For better visual representation of real accordions provide better data and training.

Back