• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Accordionist in Toronto

jdam01

Reaction score
Any fellow accordionists in Toronto want to meetup? I've been playing for a while and would love to meet people!

There are actually quite a few, though not many post here. You need to know some of the ‘Hot spots’, one of which is sometimes Anderson’s accordion sales and repairs. Second last time I was there, I bumped in to Boris Borgstrom and Walter Ostanek. Last time time I was there Joseph Macerollo was there to pick up his Gola same time I was picking up my Gola.

Someone here made a Toronto Accordionists FB group, you may want to check that out.

Howdy Jdam!

I'm a beginner in Toronto -- I've not met many other players other than my teacher, I'd definitely be interested in meeting up with more accordionists in the area!

Hi
Howdy Jdam!

I'm a beginner in Toronto -- I've not met many other players other than my teacher, I'd definitely be interested in meeting up with more accordionists in the area!
, if you want shoot me a message and I'd be happy to meet

I’m in Toronto-I started a fb group for Toronto accordionists years ago. Who do you study with? I didn't know there are accordion teachers in this city.

I’m in Toronto-I started a fb group for Toronto accordionists years ago. Who do you study with? I didn't know there are accordion teachers in this city.
I took lessons 10 years ago for about 3 years , never practiced and now about a year ago I taught myself music theory etc. would you be interested in meeting up

I've been studying in-person for about 18 months with a guy named Tony in the Downsview area -- happy to share contact info if anyone is interested, just DM me!

yes it would be great to meet up. Theory is a huge weakness for me. Up until very recently my practising has been very poor but I try and practise every day now. I’ve started working with a phenomenal teacher on zoom and he really has me working on the basics. It’s not ideal-studying with someone in person is the best,but I found it very difficult to find someone.

I DMd you details of my teacher and how our curriculum has been going, happy to answer more questions any time :)

Back