• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

2024 Market Goals

Wow, April is slip sliding away as they say. I’ve got the 40 tunes picked out and organized in one book. Finished the final arrangement yesterday, (Pennsyltucky Polka 😉, chords an mix of Shelia Lee and Dale Mathis), picked keys for medley tunes. Will be a challenge to have them all memorized by May but I will be able to play through them with the sheets. A little over a month to go.

Discovered a good way to go is to set the timer for 10 minutes and play repeatedly through a tune, reading at the speed possible, concentrating. When done, finish out the tune and move on to the next for 10 minutes. Short enough time to not get bored, but to discover where I am with the tune, and problem spots. Time now to think about organizing publicity and strengthening core, arms and back. At a certain age, holding and playing for 3 - 4 hours (with breaks) is not a given. 😥

Looks like a beautiful day for a farmers market!!!!! I actually got a huge reprieve, as the organizer set the music for 10:00 - 12:00. Not sure if that was to make sure we show up, or to give the vendors a break! Anyway, I could reduce my music to what I want to play. Let’s hope the tornadoes stay away!

Unrelenting storm system heads to Midwest with damaging winds and possible tornadoes.​

Looks like a beautiful day for a farmers market!!!!! I actually got a huge reprieve, as the organizer set the music for 10:00 - 12:00. Not sure if that was to make sure we show up, or to give the vendors a break! Anyway, I could reduce my music to what I want to play. Let’s hope the tornadoes stay away!

Unrelenting storm system heads to Midwest with damaging winds and possible tornadoes.​

Good luck Tom - please stay safe.
Also thanks for the link. Admittedly my attention wasn't fully focused on the weather map but caught by one of the other headlines on the right-hand side reporting somebody posted a video 🙈🙈🙈

if you HAVE to play out in such a storm, this is the time
you do need a Bravo

"och, that was a brae Bravo.. may she rest in peace"

😐
We get the American ABC news and PBS news hour here, which I often watch.
Severe weather impinging your area has been a frequent item lately and I have wondered how you all are coping.🤔😬
Our thoughts are with you!
All good wishes!🙏
My cousin has a son living in Tulsa OK, right in the thick of it.
I have wondered why American homes in threatened areas often appear not to come equipped with sturdy personal storm shelters ?🤔
(On the other hand, we ourselves have people building homes in flood and bushfire prone areas with little consideration for life and property 🤫)
BTW, we've had no rain for 2 months straight!🙂

Last edited:
😐
We get the American ABC and PBS news here, which I often watch.
Severe weather impinging your area has been a frequent item lately and I have wondered how you all are coping.🤔😬
Our thoughts are with you!
All good wishes!🙏
My cousin has a son living in Tulsa, right in the thick of it.
I have wondered why American homes in threatened areas often appear not to come equipped with sturdy personal storm shelters ?🤔
(On the other hand, we ourselves have people building homes in flood and bushfire prone areas with little consideration for life and property 🤫)
I don't know all the detail, but in the "tornado alley" of Oklahoma, they have shelters in the ground. Those are good, however, I think I saw recently that a homeowner, in that area, went to his shelter, but it was filled with water from all lot the recent rains, so their was a problem going into the shelter--it was flooded. Sometimes you just can't win.

I don't know all the detail, but in the "tornado alley" of Oklahoma, they have shelters in the ground. Those are good, however, I think I saw recently that a homeowner, in that area, went to his shelter, but it was filled with water from all lot the recent rains, so their was a problem going into the shelter--it was flooded. Sometimes you just can't win.
Well, they have a chance that a tornado will come by and suck the shelter dry.

I think a lot of the problem is storms and tornadoes in places they haven’t been before, or more severe. So people are not ready or prepared. When climate change is for the worse.

Was rained out this week, sad. 😢 And heard one vendor down with Covid so it’s not gone. Double sad.

Anyway, I found a home for the red Scandalli and Italo American “Gloria.” Given to a nice couple, the wife seemingly more interested than the husband, in fact very enthusiastic and already plays piano well. There is hope!

And heard one vendor down with Covid so it’s not gone.
When they can't prevent even the POTUS (Pres. Biden, recently) from catching covid, I'm afraid it's here to stay.
I read somewhere, our annual winter flu spike is a direct descendant of the 1918 "Spanish" Flu.
It may vary but it never goes away.😐

When they can't prevent even the POTUS (Pres. Biden, recently) from catching covid, I'm afraid it's here to stay.
I read somewhere, our annual winter flu spike is a direct descendant of the 1918 "Spanish" Flu.
It may vary but it never goes away.😐
Yup!

On PBS Newshour today, there was a segment regarding what's happening in the USA regarding Covid .
Apparently, the rates of infection are increasing and (subjectively) more severely affected patients (especially the elderly) are still dying!
Not much has changed!🤫

Last edited:
On PBS Newshour today, there was a segment regarding what's happening in the USA regarding Covid .
Apparently, the rates of infection are increasing and (subjectively) more severely affected patients (especially the elderly) are still dying!
Not much has changed!🤫
Yeah, anecdotally people are still getting it around here. I can’t say about the severity but the frequency is lower and it definitely has not gone away. A few people with masks in the planes and in airports yesterday but very scarce.

Back