• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Korg FISA SUPREMA

Why would a $4000 digital accordion not be possible when good keyboards and digital pianos sell for quite a bit less?
As I explained earlier, good acoustic accordion that lasts for 50 years versus a good digital one that lasts for 10 year... it means that the digital one should sell for 20% of the price of the acoustic one. Since a good acoustic one (with convertor) goes for 20.000 (some a lot more, I know) the digital one should then be $4000. And I would gladly buy a really good digital accordion for $4000 to $5000...
Yes but why sell at $4000 when buyers will be happy to pay $7000 or more :ROFLMAO:

Very interesting subject with regard to weight of instruments .........I think if you look at the age profile of our members (I have no official figures so I'm only assuming ) I would guess that most members are are in the 55 yrs .......to ..........at least ..... 76 yrs plus age bracket !!! no offence if you are alot younger !!! good luck to you ..........I remember I was once Young !! I'm still young in heart and mind but my Body seems to think otherwise .
Weight of instrument becomes important ...if you play /perform/ entertain standing up ..then weight could certainly be an issue .
Unless you are like our newest member that Young Whipper Snapper Cory xxx young fit and strong !!! and Brilliant ...he plays too fast to feel the weight ....of the instrument !!!.......I'm only joking !!
Most of the video's I have seen the player is seated ...then weight should not be a problem .

just the rambling thoughts of a 76yr old squeezer....
Oh even while seated the weight plays a tremendous role. My Excelsior 960 is 32 pounds and I notice it. The FR-8X is 5 or 6 pounds less and a world of difference. A lot of that is that you can put in half of the effort with a digital accordion and get similar results. I'm a sweaty mess after playing the 960 for an hour and never break a sweat playing the FR-8X for an hour. Both while seated the entire time. It's another benefit of a digital accordion.

Oh even while seated the weight plays a tremendous role. My Excelsior 960 is 32 pounds and I notice it. The FR-8X is 5 or 6 pounds less and a world of difference. A lot of that is that you can put in half of the effort with a digital accordion and get similar results. I'm a sweaty mess after playing the 960 for an hour and never break a sweat playing the FR-8X for an hour. Both while seated the entire time. It's another benefit of a digital accordion.
Thanks for your reply you are speaking from actual Experience of how much weight can make a big difference to the player .
Thanks for sharing .

Yes but why sell at $4000 when buyers will be happy to pay $7000 or more :ROFLMAO:
Because if when at $4000 you can attract three times the number of buyers you make more money. That's what I call the "IKEA approach": make products affordable for a much larger potential customer base and then you make more money.

Because if when at $4000 you can attract three times the number of buyers you make more money. That's what I call the "IKEA approach": make products affordable for a much larger potential customer base and then you make more money.
I wonder what the market really is for an $8000 (I know, I know....don't keep saying $8000 because that's the MAP and it will be MUCH less LOL) digital accordion? 1000 of them in the US? Are there 20 people in every state that will purchase them? In my opinion you have to be a middle-to-advanced player to drop $8K on a new digital accordion. Even a Moog One is $10K and has a very specialized audience.

You would imagine Europe would do better. And then South America, etc. But the pool has to be really small. I think if I were dipping my toes into the digital accordion world I would purchase an FR-4X for $3500 US and try it out.

With smaller volumes the price has to be up there to fund the R&D for four or five years of development. My FR-8X was $5K out the door in 2015 brand new. That's $6600 US in today's dollar. So, on par with the Korg Fisa price today.

Hopefully, Korg will not read your Ikea comment and print a manual in Ikea style😀

Last edited:
Let’s put all the kidding aside for the moment. I just found out the following about the Korg:

1. The full manual will be out by the end of next week.

2. A smaller version will be coming early next year.

Let’s put all the kidding aside for the moment. I just found out the following about the Korg:

Any details on number of buttons?
The Korg is unreasonable in size compared to the 4XB.

Again. I’m right here. You can just ask and I’ll answer what I’m allowed to answer. Including 1. Yes, the Medium sized one will be out early next year, and 2. I have already had the manual sitting on my table for a month if you have a specific question as there’s nothing secretive there.

Any details on number of buttons?
The Korg is unreasonable in size compared to the 4XB.
The size is comparable to the Roland FR8xb which was also unreasonable compared to how large a high-end bayan is. Especially the "length" (which is actually height while you are playing) is a bit excessive. A full-size bayan is 46.5 cm but the Korg is 50.0 cm.
But the situation for the PA isn't much different. A full-size convertor piano accordion with a 47 key keyboard tends to be about 49.5 cm but the Korg is 54.2 cm for just a 41 key keyboard.
Maybe Cory can comment about how comfortable it is to handle that 54.2 cm 41 key keyboard. Why on earth is it so large? Does it come with ultra-wide keys like the old Hohner Morino M series?
In any case, since the Korg is about the same size as the Roland FR8x we can only hope that the "smaller" model due to come out next year will have the size of a "normal" accordion. The FR4xb has the size of a normal full-size bayan. (The PA version has the size of a normal 41-key accordion but has only 37 keys...)

Again. I’m right here. You can just ask and I’ll answer what I’m allowed to answer. Including 1. Yes, the Medium sized one will be out early next year, and 2. I have already had the manual sitting on my table for a month if you have a specific question as there’s nothing secretive there.

The concerns I’ve heard all center around some of the features that are new as compared to the Roland line. They want to know, for example, if the G-sensor can be switched off, assuming it’s on by default. Common sense would tell me that it’s not on by default, but since you already have the manual, a short list of the “new” features, their default status, and how they are controlled would be much appreciated..

Personally, I’d wait until the manual is out as a downloadable PDF and read it myself to answer those kinds of questions. But you know how it is: Somebody expresses a concern in social media, and the implied answer becomes a rumor.

Thanks for being here and wanting to help.

Last edited:
Back