• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Korg FISA SUPREMA

Just went through all the sounds on the Korg website. Very nice.

I notice that the Bass and Chord Hold feature gives you more of that built-in arranger sound. I've never like the FR-8X drum sounds tied to the chords. I've tried several combinations, and listened to a lot of players online, but it never sounded quite right.

I'm not sure the Roland Digital Accordions can achieve this. Perhaps they can and I'll admit to putting very little time into it.

This feature of the Korg is an important one to me for solo gig playing without bringing along the BK-7M.

Again. I’m right here. You can just ask and I’ll answer what I’m allowed to answer. Including 1. Yes, the Medium sized one will be out early next year, and 2. I have already had the manual sitting on my table for a month if you have a specific question as there’s nothing secretive there.
Cory, how similar (or different) is the programming on Korg to Roland fr-8x? Is there concept of sets, UPg, etc?

Because if when at $4000 you can attract three times the number of buyers you make more money. That's what I call the "IKEA approach": make products affordable for a much larger potential customer base and then you make more money.
This may work for IKEA, but won’t work here. They could cut the cost by 50% and gain MAYBE 50% more buyers. No real convincing reason to do so. The world of accordionists is smaller and very limited/niche… why cut profits drastically for way more work/effort because a few cannot afford the higher price point? That is simply bad business. Find the max what the economy can bear to pay and peg that price right there, and that price was set by Roland when the 8X first came out and the current state of the economy.

I’d pick one up for $4000 just for fun, I will not be getting one for $8000+35% currency conversion+16% taxes, that is my economy/reality. :)

Last edited:
This may work for IKEA, but won’t work here. They could cut the cost by 50% and gain MAYBE 50% more buyers. No real convincing reason to do so. The world of accordionists is smaller and very limited/niche… why cut profits drastically for way more work/effort because a few cannot afford the higher price point? That is simply bad business. Find the max what the economy can bear to pay and peg that price right there, and that price was set by Roland when the 8X first came out and the current state of the economy.

I’d pick one up for $4000 just for fun, I will not be getting one for $8000+35% currency conversion+16% taxes, that is my economy/reality. :)
Your economy/reality is the same as mine, and if there are enough people like us Korg would end up making more money by selling a lot more.
The prospect of having an accordion that never needs tuning should be appealing to many people. (Only the tone-deaf people won't care.)
Oh well, back to tuning my Morino again before I can make my next recording...

I'm old fashioned (some might say I'm a dinosaur:D) when it come to accordions... I like traditionally crafted acoustics best, BUT I've got to say, I think the new KORG is great news for accordionists, and from what I've heard, the sounds are really good.

I particularly like the orchestral effects on pieces like this...

...don't know why, its just got some bite to it. :unsure:

I'm old fashioned (some might say I'm a dinosaur:D) when it come to accordions... I like traditionally crafted acoustics best, BUT I've got to say, I think the new KORG is great news for accordionists, and from what I've heard, the sounds are really good.

That is very impressive. I even like the effect he achieves at the very end with the G sensor.
It must have taken some programming of the sequences of sounds (changing each time he presses the palm switch) and the effect at the end.
We're approaching the era where you need to be musician and computer scientist to use these machines... (but oh wait, I am a musician and a computer scientist...)

I'm the of the opposite opinion. Not sure why an accordion needs to sound like that. I can get all of those sounds and more from my Montage M8x and control it with Polyphonic Aftertouch, Pitch Bend, Modulation, and Motion Control. For an accordion I'm more interested in it sounding like an accordion with some organ, nice string bass and chords and built-in arranger functionality. That's why the website demos were really valuable because the Korg does a good job at those.

Can't wait to see what they will call the smaller version! I wonder if the long term plan is to offer 3 sizes like Roland.

OK, so yesterday I am sitting here in Trossingen, it’s 3:00am and I am wide awake, so I take an hour to listen to the video demos of the Korg.

Something is wrong as it sounds tinny, wheezy and altogether not good. I move to adding wireless ear buds, the sound improves but it still sounds like a super bad sound engineer went to town on the recordings.

I’ll need to hear more variations or listen to it live because the recordings of my 8X sound way better under the same conditions (to me, of course).

That’s the thing watching videos of something you are trying to determine the sound quality of over the net, there are a ton of things that can make it sound better than in real life, or tons worse.

OK, so yesterday I am sitting here in Trossingen, it’s 3:00am and I am wide awake, so I take an hour to listen to the video demos of the Korg.

Something is wrong as it sounds tinny, wheezy and altogether not good. I move to adding wireless ear buds, the sound improves but it still sounds like a super bad sound engineer went to town on the recordings.

I’ll need to hear more variations or listen to it live because the recordings of my 8X sound way better under the same conditions (to me, of course).

That’s the thing watching videos of something you are trying to determine the sound quality of over the net, there are a ton of things that can make it sound better than in real life, or tons worse.
Well, personally I find the "Jurassic Parc" and "Gabriel's Oboe" videos by Luigi Bruti very nicely sounding. Sadly it contains no accordion sound at all. If they do not sound good the problem is with your speakers or ear buds.
Not sure what you are doing in Trossingen when the accordion scene has gathered in Castelfidardo for first the Coupe Mondial and now PIF. (I'm not there either as I don't have the time to travel now.)

All very impressive, but I'm always a bit suspicious when I see cables dangling out of the accordion. Why not record the instument as a stand alone rather than resort to wizardry and trickery with external devices. I'm not saying they are, but at least we can judge the instrument on it's merits rather than "enhanced"

All very impressive, but I'm always a bit suspicious when I see cables dangling out of the accordion. Why not record the instrument as a stand alone rather than resort to wizardry and trickery with external devices. I'm not saying they are, but at least we can judge the instrument on it's merits rather than "enhanced"
I think the only way to truly judge the instrument is to play and handle it as the sound on any video can be easily manipulated in so many different ways that you can't be sure if what your hearing is the unedited sound or not - also what is being used to record and what you are listening to it on makes a difference so I will hold my personal judgment on the new Korg until I can play one

That’s amazing!
Several years ago pre Covid I was doing a cabaret gig for a private business function with my midi acoustic wireless accordion with my special custom built Yamaha psr3000 .module . I included "Gabriel's Oboe " in my set list.
After the show, whilst clearing my equipment up to drive home an elderly Lady with her husband came up to me and said how much they enjoyed my Music ...we chatted for awhile and then the lady asked the name of one of the tunes i played she sort of hummed it a bit ...
I immediately recognised the tune and told her the Theme Tune is called "Gabriel's Oboe" from the film "The Mission". Written by il Maestro Ennio Morricone
She gave me a great big smile and thanked me for including it in my program . She said to her Husband "there you are Herbert that's the music I want to be played at my funeral as they bring my Coffin into the church "

YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS STUFF UP !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
All very impressive, but I'm always a bit suspicious when I see cables dangling out of the accordion. Why not record the instument as a stand alone rather than resort to wizardry and trickery with external devices. I'm not saying they are, but at least we can judge the instrument on it's merits rather than "enhanced"
Using the cables gives you the electronic signal that comes out of the instrument and that normally goes to large high-quality amps and speakers.
Without the cables you only hear the not equally great sound that comes out of the built-in speakers. We don't yet know how good that sound is.
But even without cables you never know the wizardry and trickery that is done while doing the recording. It's not just a matter of having two mics and transferring its signal through a recording device and then internet directly to your ears (through a headset). There is almost always some tone control or equalizer involved, reverb added and who knows what.
If you really want to hear what the instrument sounds like, you have to see it "in the flesh" and listen to it live, without any external amplification.

All very impressive, but I'm always a bit suspicious when I see cables dangling out of the accordion. Why not record the instrument as a stand alone rather than resort to wizardry and trickery with external devices. I'm not saying they are, but at least we can judge the instrument on it's merits rather than "enhanced"
You can never be sure of where the sound track comes from! Heck, it could have been recorded completely separately and re-mixed with the video!

Back